$499 Thrill Waterpark Cabana And Full Day Pass

DublinFC

3 minutes ago, DublinFC said:

The perks that come with the cabana are awesome, but $1k is a hefty price tag to accept when thinking of the cruise fare, flights, drinks, other excursions etc.  I am thinking of our situation.  I know others will not have the exact same expense. 

Personally i think cabana's are a waste of money.  So you get a shade coverage, free water and food delivery service, for $500 and up. No alcohol unless you purchased the beverage pkg. I hate to sound negative but glad others like the idea. Here's why i see it that way..what you pay for a cabana, i can fly to our resort in Mexico and get just about the same thing.

Screen Shot 2019-09-06 at 10.26.56 AM.png

5 minutes ago, mworkman said:

Personally i think cabana's are a waste of money.  So you get a shade coverage, free water and food delivery service, for $500 and up. No alcohol unless you purchased the beverage pkg. I hate to sound negative but glad others like the idea. Here's why i see it that way..what you pay for a cabana, i can fly to our resort in Mexico and get just about the same thing.

I understand your point, but I disagree.  I like the personal space, being able to have food and drinks ordered and delivered it a great convivence too. 

11 minutes ago, BunnyHutt said:

But if you can put together a party of 6, and were planning on doing the water park anyway, it’s pretty silly NOT to get the cabana for $499 as you get the added perks for almost free... or you could even make money on the deal, depending on what day passes are running. 

Hence that why RC developed this product, They know it was great for some, but not others.  It's nice to have options.  

Added comments-

I do see that as a great idea if you have kids or a group.  But just for the wife and i...i do not see it as a great deal.

23 minutes ago, mworkman said:

Believe it or not, I am allergic to sun block. I have found a few that I can use, but cannot leave it on all day. Plus I LOVE the sun, so any bit of guaranteed shade is a  help for me. Otherwise, at the normal price I would have to think about it, but a huge discount, I am in! 

My brother and I had the discussion about if it was worth it or not when I went on our sailing with my husband.  We got Chill for 399, and my brother balked about the cost.  I turned to him and said because we are going in a group, it was costing 80pp for 8 hrs.  He than changed his mind, saying if you look at that from an excursion cost, it actually is quite cheap.  

If it was only my husband and I. we probably  wouldn't do the cabana, just the bed instead or most likely the bungalow.  I can't justify the size of the cabana for just the 2 of us, hence the beach bed.  Yet, like anything you upgrade on a cruise it is harder to go back to the lower tier knowing how much you enjoyed it.  Kind of like doing a B2B with the 1st week a balcony, and the 2nd week an interior.  If it was the opposite way you would be happy bc you have yet to experience the balcony, but once you do, all you may find yourself saying, just last week we were drinking coffee on our balcony.

Aside from the addition of the waterpark tickets, what's the difference between the Thrill Waterpark Cabana, the Oasis Lagoon Cabana and Chill Island Cabanas.  

For our Anthem, the first Thril Waterpark one is $663 CAD and the other two are $1328 CAD.  South Beach is "cheaper" at $1000 CAD.  You would think the Thrill Cabana would be the pricier one as it comes with waterpark tickets.  Am I missing something?

P.S. - Interesting what they've done with my 2 stop Mariner cruise....The Thrill Waterpark Cabana is $397 on first CoCo Cay day - OR you can get waterpark tickets for $105 each...BUT it includes both CoCo Cay days.  So if you want the cabana for a family of 4, it's cheaper than the waterpark tickets if just looking at the one day.

2 minutes ago, YOLO said:

@WannaCruise.  Did you see anywhere how many Thrill Waterpark tickets are included with the cabana purchase?

It says below "a" Full Day Pass which leads me to believe you get only one ticket.  Bummer...

image.png.e3ed807699e650a45b0bc33d7e77f7c8.png

But more importantly, it comes with 8 towels and water bottles (so 2 extra as this cabana hold 6)...lol.

You're right....very sneaky...it's not clear at all if you get 1 waterpark tickets or more.  Think you're probably right.

46 minutes ago, YOLO said:

@WannaCruise.  Did you see anywhere how many Thrill Waterpark tickets are included with the cabana purchase?

It says below "a" Full Day Pass which leads me to believe you get only one ticket.  Bummer...

I've booked the Thrill Waterpark cabana before and admission was for 6 people.  You need to notify the shore excursion desk which 6 people so they will add admission to the sea pass card.  

Thanks @DublinFC for the heads up on the price drop.  I checked yesterday for our Harmony SB cruise and it was still showing $799.  So happy to get it for $499 especially since 1 waterpark ticket is $93.99.

After seeing this topic, I went to our reservation on the Harmony for 1/26/2020.  We have a beach bed at CocoCay booked at $299.  It is now $199.  I called Royal Caribbean and cancelled and rebooked.  Even the agent on the phone was surprised how much less it was.  Love this blog!

3 hours ago, HawkeyeFan said:

After seeing this topic, I went to our reservation on the Harmony for 1/26/2020.  We have a beach bed at CocoCay booked at $299.  It is now $199.  I called Royal Caribbean and cancelled and rebooked.  Even the agent on the phone was surprised how much less it was.  Love this blog!

Thanks for posting this. I just cancelled and rebooked our beach bed for the 2019 Harmony Thanksgiving cruise  at that lower price.  

The Cococay Cabanas vary quite a bit in price based on seasonal popularity and availability. I can compare because I currently have two upcoming cruises that go to Cococay. It is now September 2019 and my cruises are October 2019 (one month from now) and February 2020 (5 months from now).

For October 2019: Oasis Cabanas = $499, Chill Island Cabanas = $499, Thrill Waterpark Cabanas (including day passes to park)= $299, Beach Bed = $199, and South Beach Cabanas are not yet available, opening in December. 

For February 2020: Oasis Cabanas = $799, Chill Island Cabanas = $1299 (and are sold out already), Thrill Waterpark Cabanas (including day passes to park)= $499, Beach Bed = $199, and South Beach Cabanas, opening in December, are $699. The 20 over water beach club cabanas are not available to reserve yet but should be soon. Since Chill Island Cabanas were $1299, I expect that over water cabanas will be at that price or more.

4 minutes ago, Julie N said:

The Cococay Cabanas vary quite a bit in price based on seasonal popularity and availability. I can compare because I currently have two upcoming cruises that go to Cococay. It is now September 2019 and my cruises are October 2019 (one month from now) and February 2020 (5 months from now).

For October 2019: Oasis Cabanas = $499, Chill Island Cabanas = $499, Thrill Waterpark Cabanas (including day passes to park)= $299, Beach Bed = $199, and South Beach Cabanas are not yet available, opening in December. 

For February 2020: Oasis Cabanas = $799, Chill Island Cabanas = $1299 (and are sold out already), Thrill Waterpark Cabanas (including day passes to park)= $499, Beach Bed = $199, and South Beach Cabanas, opening in December, are $699. The 20 over water beach club cabanas are not available to reserve yet but should be soon. Since Chill Island Cabanas were $1299, I expect that over water cabanas will be at that price or more.

The price also varies by what size ship and number of ships in port.  Prices are higher when more people are looking to book.

8 minutes ago, almondmilktea said:

So if a thrillpark cabana comes with 6 water park passes but I only need 4, am I allowed to sell the other two thrillpark wristbands?  I’ve read of sharing the internet packages, but not this.  

I believe you have to go to Shore Excursion on board and provide the names and cabin of the other guests.

Personally I'd be very leery of a stranger on a ship coming over to me and saying "buddy, give me $25 and I'll get you a pass.  Just give me your name and cabin number".

6 minutes ago, twangster said:

I believe you have to go to Shore Excursion on board and provide the names and cabin of the other guests.

Personally I'd be very leery of a stranger on a ship coming over to me and saying "buddy, give me $25 and I'll get you a pass.  Just give me your name and cabin number".

Good to know, thanks!  Certainly wouldn’t be approaching random people on the cruise, that’d just be creepy, but would try to arrange it in roll call groups prior to embarkation. 

On our cruise our  cruise, we just went to the cabana check in stand on Chill.  There we informed them of our name (it was on our planner), we gave the names of the people and their room numbers, they took the names and wrote them down.  When they got there they got their bracelets by the attendant at the station as long as they were on our list

5 hours ago, almondmilktea said:

So if a thrillpark cabana comes with 6 water park passes but I only need 4, am I allowed to sell the other two thrillpark wristbands?  I’ve read of sharing the internet packages, but not this.  

I actually thought about offering our one extra pass to someone on our roll call.  If someone has 7 people and we only have 5 I would rather save them having to buy an extra pass instead of letting ours go to waste.  My other option is if one of our kids meets a friend on board and they wanted to come along I wouldn't mind sharing with them but that is hard depending on when you have to turn in the names and room number.

I just grabbed one at $499 for our Harmony sailing next year. It will be our first time at Perfect Day and the water park cabana was sitting at $999 for months. Hubby and the kids wanted to do the water park regardless and at $79pp for a ticket the cabana was only a difference of $25 more. No brainer.