Does the Cruise Planner not know when people are in Star Class?

Basti

Hi everyone,

I'm going onto my first cruise ever with Symphony on April 25, 2020. I'll be staying in the AquaTheater Suite with 2 Bedrooms on deck 10 ?

Since this suite is in Star Class there should be the Complimentary Deluxe Beverage Package included. However, the Beverage Packages are shown on my Cruise Planner. This also includes other items (e.g. ship tours).

Isn't this confusing when you would be able to book the packages even though you already have them? What would happen if somebody books them? Will RC get back to them at some point or just be happy that somebody was stupid enough to book it either way?

I'm not in Star Class but Sky Class so cannot speak about the included amenities like drink packages but the planner definitely knows when you purchased something. It is a bit wonky, like it says I booked this pub crawl but doesn't say anything for drink package. I like to see what I purchased at current rates to know if it's less for a reprice. (Example, I paid a lot less for the pub crawl in the attached photo.)

Screenshot_20190906-073224.png

The cruise planner cannot tell if you are Star Class or not. All options including beverage packages, entertainment booking, shore excursions, etc. are open to those with star class bookings. 

If you purchase something and end up not needing it, your Genie can reverse the charges once you get on board. 

Many thanks for all your quick replies. Much appreciated :91_thumbsup:

4 minutes ago, FManke said:

WOW! What a first cruise! How do you follow that one up?

Happy Cruising!

For the moment it's the only cruise I've booked but I've set my eyes on several other RC cruises (e.g. the Norwegian Fjord Cruise or the one that goes to Japan). Maybe I'll book one of these when being on the ship. Since I'm from Germany, cruises starting from the US probably won't happen that often but luckily, some RC ships also start from some ports in Europe. Since I heard cruising can be addictve, I already set my mind on doing a few cruises in the future.

10 minutes ago, Basti said:

Many thanks for all your quick replies. Much appreciated :91_thumbsup:

For the moment it's the only cruise I've booked but I've set my eyes on several other RC cruises (e.g. the Norwegian Fjord Cruise or the one that goes to Japan). Maybe I'll book one of these when being on the ship. Since I'm from Germany, cruises starting from the US probably won't happen that often but luckily, some RC ships also start from some ports in Europe. Since I heard cruising can be addictve, I already set my mind on doing a few cruises in the future.

I've also been looking at that Fjord cruise or maybe the Artic Circle one. We are not warm weather people so those are more our speed. We are looking forward to our first trip to Europe next Oct when we sail to Greece from Venice.

Basti, don't book anything even though it shows things available in the cruise planner.  The Genie will take care of everything for you - all of your dining reservations, entertainment...everything.  Just show up ready to have the time of your life !

I don't know what your itinerary is, but if you are going to Coco Cay and decide that you want to rent one of the cabanas or bungalows, this is the one exception to my rule above.  In the "old days" the Genie could get a cabana/bungalow for you without a problem - in fact, Star Class had first chance at reserving these items -  but since Perfect Day the Genies no longer have any control over cabanas and bungalows.  So if you want one of those, DO book it ahead of time.  The Genie will help you with it when it comes time, but they can no longer guarantee you a cabana or bungalow like they used to be able to do.

1 hour ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

The cruise planner cannot tell if you are Star Class or not. All options including beverage packages, entertainment booking, shore excursions, etc. are open to those with star class bookings. 

If you purchase something and end up not needing it, your Genie can reverse the charges once you get on board. 

Would you agree if you are in Star Class you are better off forgoing making reservations in advance with Cruise Planner and simply letting Genie do the work once onboard?

6 hours ago, Matt said:

Would you agree if you are in Star Class you are better off forgoing making reservations in advance with Cruise Planner and simply letting Genie do the work once onboard?

Most definitely.  The only things I would book ahead of time are the cabanas from Coco Cay because the Genie cannot get those once they are sold out.  Everything else, leave it to the Genie.

18 hours ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

Basti, don't book anything even though it shows things available in the cruise planner.  The Genie will take care of everything for you - all of your dining reservations, entertainment...everything.  Just show up ready to have the time of your life !

I don't know what your itinerary is, but if you are going to Coco Cay and decide that you want to rent one of the cabanas or bungalows, this is the one exception to my rule above.  In the "old days" the Genie could get a cabana/bungalow for you without a problem - in fact, Star Class had first chance at reserving these items -  but since Perfect Day the Genies no longer have any control over cabanas and bungalows.  So if you want one of those, DO book it ahead of time.  The Genie will help you with it when it comes time, but they can no longer guarantee you a cabana or bungalow like they used to be able to do.

The Genie indeed seems very useful. Many thanks for all the advices.

I'm going with the Western Caribbean tour so yeah, Coco Cay would be a part of it. Good to know that I have to take care of the cabanas myself. I wanted to get the oversea one once it's available.