Rhapsody OTS refurbishment Dec. 16

ninja

I was almost kind of bummed out to find that they will refurbish Rhapsody in Dec. 16, since I'm sailing on October. I'm wondering what upgrades the ship will have, that we will miss out on!

Does anyone have a clue? It's TBA still.

On a different note: Should I be able to book specialty restaurants and Wi-FI package on my Cruise Planner now for October? Or is there a time where booking opens?

I can access the drinks package and the excursions, but not this. It says that I can try again onboard. I just wanted to see the Wi-Fi prices and maybe book a restaurant as a birthday gift.

I was almost kind of bummed out to find that they will refurbish Rhapsody in Dec. 16, since I'm sailing on October. I'm wondering what upgrades the ship will have, that we will miss out on!

Does anyone have a clue? It's TBA still.

On a different note: Should I be able to book specialty restaurants and Wi-FI package on my Cruise Planner now for October? Or is there a time where booking opens?

I can access the drinks package and the excursions, but not this. It says that I can try again onboard. I just wanted to see the Wi-Fi prices and maybe book a restaurant as a birthday gift.

Most dining becomes available about 90 days out or so.

I don't know why they don't change that message that advises you that you must wait until you are onboard to book.  What the message SHOULD say is, the reservation booking tool is not yet available, try again closer to your sail date.

As Doc noted, it is often 60 - 90 days prior to sailing but it can really open any time.  You just never know !

I am very envious.  This sounds like such a wonderful cruise !  I will get to Venice one day !!!!

Matt has a planning timeline that's worth checking out. I'd post the link, but I'm replying from my phone making it difficult. However, if you search for planning timeline I'm sure you'll find it.

Agree that the default messages need to be changed including the one for booking shows as that's only an option on a minority of the ships.

Thank you! I do know about the planning timeline, I was just unsure since most of the blog is directed towards the Caribbean market, and thought it might be different for sailing the Mediterranean due to when the ships leave port and such.

I will be patient. Sort of.

It's kind of great to see that someone is envios, because I'm pretty envoius of the ones that are living in the US and can tak a short cruise out of a nearby port anytime they want :) Some day, I will get on a Caribbean cruise!

I've realised the weather probably will be sort of OK at best, but I will get to see a whole bunch of new countries:)

The Itinerary

• 3 months later...