Who is better for European Cruises? RCCL or Celebrity?

ChrisK2793

2 hours ago, ChrisK2793 said:

In the summer of 2021, we’d like to do b2b Greek Isles and Baltic/Russia cruises ....... our son will be 9 1/2 then .......... which cruise line would be better between RCCL and Celebrity?  And why?

We have only sailed Royal, but in exploring Celebrity I would point out that they have a different loyalty program.  There is some reciprocity (explained under Celebrity/Azamara forum), but if you are trying to reach Diamond, you'd rather have Royal points than Celebrity points.   The costs for things like drink packages may also vary, as I recall.  However, I would look at the ship and itinerary first.  The ports may vary because of ship size or other factors.  We enjoyed the Med, including Greece, on Brilliance of the Seas.  That was a good size for us.  Best of luck whatever you decide. PS. Friends who sailed Celebrity in Europe said it was an "older crowd", but that also seemed the case for us when we sailed from Southampton to the Canaries.  The time of year would be a factor for college students, families, and kids.

I have only traveled on RCCL and have been to Europe twice with them.  The ships were on the smaller size (Vision Class) but the experiences were fantastic.  The crew really were amazing, the Diamond Lounge was cozy with the staff getting to know us and our preferred drinks.  We will absolutely sail with RCCL in Europe again!

D

We were looking at the 7 night western Mediterranean for summer 2021 which this past year was Oasis and next year is Allure. I have a slight feeling that the new Oasis Class ship may get this run summer 2021. If so, I’d encourage you to possibly inquire about this, then book your other on a smaller ship. (Unless you want b2b same ship) 

Your son would have a blast on an Oasis Class. 

Id stick with Royal because of your Diamond status and more likely to have younger crowd.