Replacing a guest in case of emergency?

VillainsGin

My first cruise ever with my girlfriend is not until Jan 2020 which leaves plenty of room for changes within the next 5 months or so. Although we were able to already have our vacation days set for the cruise, many things can unexpectedly happen along the long wait.

My question is:

If either my girlfriend or I is unable to make it due to emergencies but the other one can still go, how does that work?

Could we replace the person unable to attend with a completely different person or switch the names and information after we've checked in?

Would there be any fees or charges related to switching/replacing the unattended?

I'm hoping RC would have something that allows us to replace a person just in case they were not able to make it.

This would be after the online check-in. 

1 minute ago, TJ! said:

My first cruise ever with my girlfriend is not until Jan 2020 which leaves plenty of room for changes within the next 5 months or so. Although we were able to already have our vacation days set for the cruise, many things can unexpectedly happen along the long wait.

My question is:

If either my girlfriend or I is unable to make it due to emergencies but the other one can still go, how does that work?

Could we replace the person unable to attend with a completely different person or switch the names and information after we've checked in?

Would there be any fees or charges related to switching/replacing the unattended?

I'm hoping RC would have something that allows us to replace a person just in case they were not able to make it.

This would be after the online check-in. 

Wow! I thought I was a planner! ? I hope you don't have to find out.

Happy Cruising!

Just now, FManke said:

Wow! I thought I was a planner! ? I hope you don't have to find out.

Happy Cruising!

I've got so much time to just ponder and think of all scenarios since we have 5 months to go!

I've got nothing but the cruise on my mind and wanted everything to go smoothly along with being well prepared since i'm a cruise noobie haha!

32 minutes ago, TJ! said:

Yes, the people booked do not have to show up for the cruise, and if one doesn't show up, it has no impact on others on reservation.

32 minutes ago, TJ! said:

You can swap names on a reservation up to 72-48 hours before sail date (I've seen both times quoted) as long as at least one name on the original booking stays on the reservation.

33 minutes ago, TJ! said:

Swapping names? No. Adding or removing people? Potentially, yes.

If one of you doesn’t go and you don’t replace them with somebody, ..... I THINK that as long as the person not going makes sure to cancel with Royal (they’ll still lose their money if no insurance) then the person going alone will get 2 crown and anchor points per night ....... can somebody else confirm that?

3 hours ago, ChrisK2793 said:

If one of you doesn’t go and you don’t replace them with somebody, ..... I THINK that as long as the person not going makes sure to cancel with Royal (they’ll still lose their money if no insurance) then the person going alone will get 2 crown and anchor points per night ....... can somebody else confirm that?

What if you paid for you and your significant other?

Or if I decide to just solo cruise it? Will I be charged for 2 person or will the adjust the cruise farr to solo?

Will I be able to keep my ocean view balcony room for 1 person rate?

1 minute ago, TJ! said:

What if you paid for you and your significant other?

Or if I decide to just solo cruise it? Will I be charged for 2 person or will the adjust the cruise farr to solo?

Will I be able to keep my ocean view balcony room for 1 person rate?

Since it would be past the point of refunds, there wouldn’t be any kind of adjustment........ you’d keep your same cabin ........ I’m not 100% sure you’ll get the double points ...... but like I said, I think you would as long as they were notified she was cancelling and that you’re now cruising alone in the room ........ but someone else would have to verify if I’m correct on the double points or not.