Check in time?

hey!

Like the previous replies, any time after 10am is fine. Showing up early can also save you a good deal of time not having to wait in long lines at check in. This past January we arrived to the pier in San Juan at about 10:30.

After luggage drop off, security check, check in, & sea pass photo/issuing, we were  on board by 11:00 seeking out our first drink to celebrate the beginning of our vacation!

2 hours ago, PatsFanBrian said:

Every now and then, you may have to wait in the check in area if the previous sailing is slow to disembark.  That happened to us once in FLL waiting to get on Oasis.  The ship didn't start to board until 12.  But we've gotten on as early as 11 on other sailings.

We had that experience also but we didn't get on until much later.  The boat came back "sick" so they had to sanitize the entire ship (which is another conversation in and of itself!).  We sat in the port a LONG TIME!!!  Pray you don't have this experience!  But yes, generally you can start boarding by 1030-1100.  Just remember your room won't be ready until 1pm.

18 minutes ago, MO & LO on the go! said:

We had that experience also but we didn't get on until much later.  The boat came back "sick" so they had to sanitize the entire ship (which is another conversation in and of itself!).  We sat in the port a LONG TIME!!!  Pray you don't have this experience!  But yes, generally you can start boarding by 1030-1100.  Just remember your room won't be ready until 1pm.

That happened to us as well, my very first cruise experience.  Arrived to get on Freedom in Miami back in '06.  After check in, we were directed to another room, without explanation, and then put on a bus.  I was puzzled why we were getting on a bus because the ship was right there.  Once the bus was full and we were underway, an RCL employee informed us that the ship had to be disinfected due to a Noro outbreak and we were being brought to an animal park to spend the time until it was done.  They provided food and all the shows were free, but it wasn't the most fun time I've had.  We were finally bused back around 5 and the ship was on it's way by 7.

12 minutes ago, PatsFanBrian said:

That happened to us as well, my very first cruise experience.  Arrived to get on Freedom in Miami back in '06.  After check in, we were directed to another room, without explanation, and then put on a bus.  I was puzzled why we were getting on a bus because the ship was right there.  Once the bus was full and we were underway, an RCL employee informed us that the ship had to be disinfected due to a Noro outbreak and we were being brought to an animal park to spend the time until it was done.  They provided food and all the shows were free, but it wasn't the most fun time I've had.  We were finally bused back around 5 and the ship was on it's way by 7.

Wow thats way better than our experience.  They just left us in the area you wait to board......for hours...granted it was 2019 so 13 years difference.

On our first cruise, I was very, very reluctant to arrive earlier than our scheduled time (in Miami).  At my wife's insistence (ie she was going with or without me ? ), we showed up at 1000 (with an assigned time of 1 pm).  The waiting area was full, but we once they announced general boarding, I was amazed at how quickly they processed people.  We had food, drinks, and were sitting on deck in no time.

On 9/4/2019 at 6:18 PM, hey! said:

I feel like I have seen posts that you can show up before your boarding time. Is this true? My husband and I have a boarding time of 2pm but can we show up earlier and potentially get on the ship sooner? We are sailing on Symphony a week from Saturday!

Thanks!

You’ll be getting on as we get off lol ....... we sail on Symphony this Saturday.