Brilliance of the Seas

Heidiboo

39 minutes ago, Heidiboo said:

First time cruises - we will be on Brilliance of the Seas (any info on the ship would be great)  in March 2020.  I'm overwhelmed with it all.  What should I be doing this many months out?!

Thanks.

Along the way you can look at deck plans.

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/cruise-ships/brilliance-of-the-seas/deck-plans/1897/02

We enjoyed our trip on Brillance.  Other posts provide you tips on packing, cruise planner, online check-in, etc.  Have a great trip!

I personally love that class of ship (Radiance). I feel it is just the rite size of ship, not too small where you feel cramped but not so big it's a chore walking from point A to point B. With that being said it's also seen it's better days in terms of aesthetics, I wish they would AMP these ships.

Are you sailing out of Tampa? If so you will find the port to be extremely easy in terms of getting to the port and getting on the ship. Getting off the ship is long as they only have 3 customs agents and one of the agents is dedicated to the porter line. If the line is long I highly suggest putting $10-$20 aside and have the porter take you to the front of the line.

6 hours ago, Heidiboo said:

We are on the March 21st Western Caribbean!

We are too! It’s our first ever cruise as well. I’ve been watching hours of YouTube and listening to everything royalcaribbeanblog related. There is a Facebook group for our sailing, but there aren’t many joined, and it isn’t a very active page. 

20 hours ago, Heidiboo said:

First time cruises - we will be on Brilliance of the Seas (any info on the ship would be great)  in March 2020.  I'm overwhelmed with it all.  What should I be doing this many months out?!

Thanks.

My wife and I cruised on Serenade, a sister ship of Brilliance and absolutely loved her. These ships with all the glass really let you stay connected to the ocean as you cruise. You can see it from just about everywhere on the ship. I think it's a great class of ship for a first cruise.

Happy Cruising!

On 9/4/2019 at 1:43 PM, Heidiboo said:

Thanks.

We're going on our first cruise ever, too, on Brilliance, April 9, 2020. I've been making the most of the anticipation by reading this blog and so far I've bought (on amazon.com) lanyards, magnetic hooks, a pill organizer, and a power strip. And a guide book with a map of Cozumel. We probably don't really need all that, but it's fun to get ready. I'm thinking about clothes to pack, but since we live in Florida it will probably be just our usual clothes. I plan to do a lot of loafing and hanging very loose, just enjoying the sea and salt air.

1 hour ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

Power strips are prohibited.

I think that it's surge protectors that are prohibited. The strip I bought https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01LXLUM0L/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1 is described as being "fully cruise compliant." It also calls itself a "charging station" as opposed to a power strip, which it actually is. Do you think it will be prohibited?

9 minutes ago, tiny blonde said:

I think that it's surge protectors that are prohibited. The strip I bought https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01LXLUM0L/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1 is described as being "fully cruise compliant." It also calls itself a "charging station" as opposed to a power strip, which it actually is. Do you think it will be prohibited?

Then you'll be fine.  Power strips are prohibited.  Charging stations are ok.

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/4/2019 at 1:43 PM, Heidiboo said:

Thanks.

First thing we did in planning is check out youtube.  There are numerous videos posted of ship tours and I would take advantage of watching them to get acquainted with the various offerings.  Second thing, look at the times you are in port and plan activities accordingly.  Don't limit yourself to only using the RC excursions.  Google it.  Depending upon the port, you may not want to even do a planned excursion from any vendor, RC or otherwise.  From there, you can start using the Cruise Planner to get MDR reservations in place to work around those activities.  The main thing though...watch and rewatch the youtube tours of your ship...familiarity will help out tremendously and will put you in more of a comfort zone on embarkation day.

On 9/5/2019 at 10:31 PM, tiny blonde said:

We're going on our first cruise ever, too, on Brilliance, April 9, 2020. I've been making the most of the anticipation by reading this blog and so far I've bought (on amazon.com) lanyards, magnetic hooks, a pill organizer, and a power strip. And a guide book with a map of Cozumel. We probably don't really need all that, but it's fun to get ready. I'm thinking about clothes to pack, but since we live in Florida it will probably be just our usual clothes. I plan to do a lot of loafing and hanging very loose, just enjoying the sea and salt air.

We also like the plastic holders for your luggage tags. Before sailing you will print out luggage tags that Royal Caribbean has you staple or tape to your luggage prior to boarding to deliver luggage to your room. You can purchase plastic holders for these tags on amazon. Makes it much easier and helps ensure your tags stay on. 

31 minutes ago, Kathleen said:

We also like the plastic holders for your luggage tags. Before sailing you will print out luggage tags that Royal Caribbean has you staple or tape to your luggage prior to boarding to deliver luggage to your room. You can purchase plastic holders for these tags on amazon. Makes it much easier and helps ensure your tags stay on. 

Can you give me a link to the plastic holders on amazon?