Email

Tammie

There are a lot of conversations about voom with texting and calling but I can not find any about emails.  I have purchased voom for our cruise next week and I what to know that this will work with sending and receiving emails with no additional charges from my carrier?  Thank you in advance. 

3 hours ago, Tammie said:

There are a lot of conversations about voom with texting and calling but I can not find any about emails.  I have purchased voom for our cruise next week and I what to know that this will work with sending and receiving emails with no additional charges from my carrier?  Thank you in advance. 

Email is done via wifi, so I don't know why you would be charged extra for any "data" from an email. You can do several things over wifi while your phone is on airplane mode that do not eat up your data, including sending emails, surfing the internet, streaming, emails, imessages, etc. To my knowledge you should be good to email as much as you want without having to worry about a data usage charge from your carrier, as long as you are connected to the ship's wifi. 

18 hours ago, Tammie said:

We had to use e-mail in New Zealand (with Voom) due to lost luggage, and we were able to get through without difficulty.  So I echo the previous replies.