Cruise Insurance

C.M. Jacobs

Good Morning

I purchased a cruise on the Allure of the seas for Oct. I go to the insurance page as i was completing my details. It asked did I want insurance and it sent me to another page. Now I cant find my email for confirmation. What insurance does rccl use and does anyone have some info that will help. I thought i purchased it through RCCL but they cannot find it. Help Please with any info.

Much Appreciative

Craig

1 hour ago, C.M. Jacobs said:

I purchased a cruise on the Allure of the seas for Oct. I go to the insurance page as i was completing my details. I

Where did you purchase the cruise? RoyalCaribbean.com? Or like expedia.com or some other site?

Just now, C.M. Jacobs said:

Royal Caribbean. At the very end of the purchase

The fact Royal Caribbean says they cannot find your insurance purchase tells me one of three things is likely:

1. You didn't actually buy the insurance
  2. You bought it from a third party (perhaps because the cruise was booked via a third-party site)
  3. The person looking you up made an error of some kind.

1 hour ago, C.M. Jacobs said:

Good Morning

I purchased a cruise on the Allure of the seas for Oct. I go to the insurance page as i was completing my details. It asked did I want insurance and it sent me to another page. Now I cant find my email for confirmation. What insurance does rccl use and does anyone have some info that will help. I thought i purchased it through RCCL but they cannot find it. Help Please with any info.

Much Appreciative

Craig

I never received an email from Royal for my policy.  I had to look it up by going to a few of their links for Travel Protection Program, which gets you to Arch Insurance.

The way I know that I have paid is by looking at my booking.  It shows the insurance accepted or declined, and the associated cost.

If you haven't purchased it yet, I will tell you that Royal doesn't offer a high enough medical limit for some, and "hurricane" coverage doesn't kick in unless your home is uninhabitable, more or less (I presume this means forced evacuation).  However, that just means that Arch isn't on the hook for much.  Royal has a travel protection package - a page that is printed when you look at your policy -- and it allows for cancellation for any non-covered reason up to the day of embarkation.  You get 75% of the nonrefundable cost, whatever that is.  You receive this in future cruise credits, not cash.  This is why some folks use other carriers (which we have done), including Allianz and numerous others.  Matt's video explains a lot about the insurance decision.

I can tell you that the policy from Arch doesn't say anything about roads being closed on the way to the port, but it does cover traffic accidents (you need a police report).  This begs the question about starting one's trip and running into a small bush....?

Best of luck, but check your cruise invoice or credit card receipts....

The Arch insurance policies are tailored to each state.  I'd give you mine but it's for NC.

Seriously, if you don't have it yet, use this as an opportunity to shop around.  You should be able to at least get medical coverage from someone.

The insurance carrier can vary depending what state you live in.  For me when booked through Royal I recently have received a policy through Aon.  

Call and request a copy of your Royal cruise invoice.  If you purchased insurance on the phone while booking it will appear on the invoice.  If you don't see this line you may have booked it direct on the insurance carrier's website after booking.

2107883948_InsurancethroughRoyal.thumb.jpg.228fdc549ef0b4b5c9e7508cf5a6fd98.jpg

If it is Aon (Arch) here is some verbiage from an enrollment email:

For terms, conditions, and exclusions please visit:

https://www.archinsurancesolutions.com/coverage/royal

If you need to file a claim, please visit

https://www.aontravelclaim.com

If you have any questions or need any additional information regarding this travel protection purchase, please call our Customer Service Representatives at 877-248-7704.

26 minutes ago, bburke said:

Can I add insurance after I booked with RCCL? I thought I bought it but it doesn't show up on the invoice.

Yes, but as it gets closer to sail date rates may change.  They also may have restrictions because people could use insurance when they get cold feet or change their mind so read all terms and conditions and coverage carefully.  

https://www.travelcruisecare.com/?ccid=RoyalCruiseCare