The Key Lunch in MDR?

FManke

I'm curious for those that have eaten The Key Chops menu in the MDR and also eaten in Chops as a regular meal, if there was any quality difference? Although it's the Chops menu, it will be prepared in the main kitchen, like the regular MDR menu. I'm assuming it will still be made to order, not prepared in bulk like the MDR menu? Any insights?

I just got off Liberty and we had the Chops menu in the MDR on Deck 5.  It was a great lunch however we never ate lunch at chops during the cruise, just dinner.  The dinner at Chops was the best food we had on the entire cruise.  I was happy with our lunch but I was definitely bummed about not having it at Chops.   Biggest difference for me was just the atmosphere and level of service if that makes sense. 

19 hours ago, Yo2slick said:

I just got off Liberty and we had the Chops menu in the MDR on Deck 5.  It was a great lunch however we never ate lunch at chops during the cruise, just dinner.  The dinner at Chops was the best food we had on the entire cruise.  I was happy with our lunch but I was definitely bummed about not having it at Chops.   Biggest difference for me was just the atmosphere and level of service if that makes sense. 

What did you think about the quality of the food?

3 hours ago, FManke said:

I had the Key Lunch in the MDR in an August sailing on Symphony and I thought the taste and quality was great. The food was hot as well. The MDR did not seem to have a lot of people there when I dined but they did say you have the option to come back later in the day to eat lunch (It was around 11:45 am when I walked in the MDR). Since there was not many people, the service and food delivery was quick.

I understand why they did this but there is also a certain feeling you get in the specialty restaurants, a coziness that you dont feel in the MDR.  Awesome that the food was good but I think for the people who have eaten in the MDR and also eaten in the specialty restaurants in our heads we will be doing comparisons and atmosphere of a restaurant is a big factor in overall dining experience. 

24 minutes ago, marti314 said:

I understand why they did this but there is also a certain feeling you get in the specialty restaurants, a coziness that you dont feel in the MDR.  Awesome that the food was good but I think for the people who have eaten in the MDR and also eaten in the specialty restaurants in our heads we will be doing comparisons and atmosphere of a restaurant is a big factor in overall dining experience. 

Exactly this.  Eating in Chops is so much better than eating chops in the MDR.  The atmosphere and level of service along with the quality of the food will have me buying a dining package in the future.

4 hours ago, FManke said:

Food was great!  Had the steak burger and Mac and Cheese.  Was a great lunch!