Izumi Hibachi - No Avail Reservations b/t 530pm - 9pm?

VTHappyGirl

Dining opened up on the Cruise Planner this week for January cruise on Symphony.

Izumi Hibachi has available times at 430pm, 5pm, 530pm and then jumps to 9pm, 930pm, etc.
That pattern is true for all 7 days of the cruise.

Is that normal that the prime dinner hours from 6pm - 9pm are not offered for reservations and it
will open up later on typically? 

Not a ton of experience with RC but seems odd just the 1 restaurant does not offer evening dining hours.

Any insight is greatly appreciated.  Thanks!

8 hours ago, VTHappyGirl said:

Dining opened up on the Cruise Planner this week for January cruise on Symphony.

Izumi Hibachi has available times at 430pm, 5pm, 530pm and then jumps to 9pm, 930pm, etc.
That pattern is true for all 7 days of the cruise.

Is that normal that the prime dinner hours from 6pm - 9pm are not offered for reservations and it
will open up later on typically? 

Not a ton of experience with RC but seems odd just the 1 restaurant does not offer evening dining hours.

Any insight is greatly appreciated.  Thanks!

I would recommend looking at the hibachi experience as a "show". That is, 4:30pm, 5:00pm and 5:30pm are the show times. If there are three or four hibachis going, one will start at 4:30pm, one at 5:00pm and the other one or two at 5:30pm. Because of the nature of the hibachi experience, you must come at one of those times and not somewhere in between. Further, how long does each "show" last? And finally, how long, once the first show is over, does it take for the first round guests to leave, to prep and set-up for the next show? This thought process is what goes through my head when I see the times offered for the hibachi. I've never seen it offered between 6 and 8pm. Doesn't mean it hasn't happened, but that's my experience. YMMV.

16 hours ago, Baked Alaska said:

I would recommend looking at the hibachi experience as a "show". That is, 4:30pm, 5:00pm and 5:30pm are the show times. If there are three or four hibachis going, one will start at 4:30pm, one at 5:00pm and the other one or two at 5:30pm. Because of the nature of the hibachi experience, you must come at one of those times and not somewhere in between. Further, how long does each "show" last? And finally, how long, once the first show is over, does it take for the first round guests to leave, to prep and set-up for the next show? This thought process is what goes through my head when I see the times offered for the hibachi. I've never seen it offered between 6 and 8pm. Doesn't mean it hasn't happened, but that's my experience. YMMV.

This has been my experience as well. It is one of the longer meals I've been to on board timing wise, but it was a lot of fun. 

Also keep in mind that hibachi books up quickly once guests board, so there is still benefit to booking this ahead of time if this is an experience you feel strongly about attending.