Low passenger numbers?

JasonL

Sailing on Mariner in 7 days (9/9/19) Woohoo! Feel a little guilty going on vacation in a place where so many have been devastated, but hopefully my dollars help them rebuild.

Anywho.... I'm guessing I might experience low passenger numbers considering the circumstances. Have any of yall been on a cruise very recently, what have the numbers been like. I think it could be cool with less people, but I also don't want it to feel like a ghost town. Thoughts?

Hi there.  Having the ship to yourself isn't the worst thing.

We are supposed to go on the Mariner this Friday, September 6 on a 3 day cruise.  (Fri to Mon).  Royal is still saying we are going out????  Really??  The port is still closed as of now.  I'm flying in from New York and if the Orlando Airport doesn't open by Thursday eve., I certainly will have an issue making it to Florida nevertheless getting to the Port.  Darien is just passing Orlando now.  Not sure whether i should I pack or what?  I know Royal doesn't want to lose money, but this is cutting it close and making it difficult for their passengers.  Sometimes you just have to call it for the sake of your passengers and the situation at hand. 

I pray for these poor people that have lost their homes and have lost probably most of everything they own.  Mother Nature can be very beautiful in so many ways, however, she can be soo unkind and ugly at times as well.             

8 hours ago, Lovetocruise said:

We are supposed to go on the Mariner this Friday, September 6 on a 3 day cruise.  (Fri to Mon).  Royal is still saying we are going out???? 

My wife is on the same sailing doing a B2B.  She is scheduled to fly to MCO Friday AM.  Mariner is scheduled to arrive at Port Canaveral Thurs.  Hopefully there is zero to minimal damage at the airport and MCO.  I can imagine MCO is going to hectic once it opens up. 

4 minutes ago, Rose City Cruiser said:

She is scheduled to fly to MCO Friday AM.  Mariner is scheduled to arrive at Port Canaveral Thurs.

Is Mariner going to be sitting in the port overnight? I know all the delays and rescheduling have played havoc with arrivals and departures, but I don't recall hearing about Mariner sitting in port for a day. If so, that's going to be some expensive port fees they're paying!

9 hours ago, JasonL said:

I'm guessing I might experience low passenger numbers considering the circumstances.

I don't think the ship will be much, if any, less crowded due to the storm. People booked their cruise, they're going to go. Heck, I bet many have no clue what happened.

8 minutes ago, JLMoran said:

Is Mariner going to be sitting in the port overnight? I know all the delays and rescheduling have played havoc with arrivals and departures, but I don't recall hearing about Mariner sitting in port for a day. If so, that's going to be some expensive port fees they're paying!

My guess is if they reach Port Canaveral on Thursday, they may do a humanitarian mission to Bahamas and then return Friday for the next sailing.