WiFi Voom package on anthem

Balboa2152

Hello everyone....it’s been several years since my wife and I have been on a cruise....we’re cruising the anthem in February.....I was going to purchase the Voom WiFi package.....it’s going to cost us $200 for both phones for the week.....I don’t remember WiFi ever being that expensive on the several other cruises we’ve been on?  Any opinions or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks 

I don’t know if you got the Surf or the Surf and Stream Package but this doesn’t sound like a bad deal. Most cruise lines are spending lots of money on WiFi infrastructure and those costs get pushed down to the packages. It comes down to what you want and how much you plan to use the internet while on the ship. 

Keep an eye out for cruise planner sales and also add ons if you are getting the drink pkg.  I know my last cruise I got voom for $9 a day.  Also if you aren't going to be on at the same time, you can share the pkg (if you get 1 device it's as many as you want, just 1 at a time.  Jane

Well if you absolutely don't have to have both phones connected at the same time you can just buy 1 package. Some people tend to think that it only can be used on "1 device", it can be used on any device just "1" at a time.

If you plan on using it to text each other on the ship, you can use Royal's message system in the app (I think it's around $3-4 day/device).

When you say $200 for the two of you for the week, is that the 2-device package or are you looking at the 1-device plan? $200/7 is about $28.50 per day which makes me think you’re buying two 1-device plans.

If you each plan to use just one device at a time, just one of you can buy a 2-device plan and it’s usable by both of you. That should be much more reasonable, especially if you catch a good sale.

On my 5-night Anthem sailing in October, the 2-device plan is running about $23.00 per day right now ($12.50 per device) with no sale in effect, vs $13.00 for a 1-device plan. But you can get much better sale prices. On the Black Friday sale last year, I was able to get 2-device VOOM for $17 per night.

You can buy the plan now at current prices to lock them in, then cancel it and rebuy if a sale comes along. 

Edited by JLMoran
Fixed the weird font sizing my phone applies after a cut-n-paste

3 hours ago, JLMoran said:

When you say $200 for the two of you for the week, is that the 2-device package or are you looking at the 1-device plan? $200/7 is about $28.50 per day which makes me think you’re buying two 1-device plans.

If you each plan to use just one device at a time, just one of you can buy a 2-device plan and it’s usable by both of you. That should be much more reasonable, especially if you catch a good sale.

On my 5-night Anthem sailing in October, the 2-device plan is running about $23.00 per day right now ($12.50 per device) with no sale in effect, vs $13.00 for a 1-device plan. But you can get much better sale prices. On the Black Friday sale last year, I was able to get 2-device VOOM for $17 per night.

You can buy the plan now at current prices to lock them in, then cancel it and rebuy if a sale comes along. 

Thank you very much