Jamaica Dolphin Cove

Apatt08

Has anyone done this excursion recently and want to share thoughts or experiences?  Falmouth Jamaica shore excursion named Dolphin Cove Aquatic Encounter or Dolphin Cove Swim?  Since I have a child younger then 8 in my party I think I will have 1 adult with her do the encounter and the older 2 kids and other adult do the swim.  In my research it looks like there are 2 dolphin coves and I just want to make sure that we are not going to be split up and go to different ones if we aren't all doing the same experience?  Looks like the main one is in Ochos Rios.  Wanting to pick the brain of someone that has done this excursion!! 

1 hour ago, Apatt08 said:

Has anyone done this excursion recently and want to share thoughts or experiences?  Falmouth Jamaica shore excursion named Dolphin Cove Aquatic Encounter or Dolphin Cove Swim?  Since I have a child younger then 8 in my party I think I will have 1 adult with her do the encounter and the older 2 kids and other adult do the swim.  In my research it looks like there are 2 dolphin coves and I just want to make sure that we are not going to be split up and go to different ones if we aren't all doing the same experience?  Looks like the main one is in Ochos Rios.  Wanting to pick the brain of someone that has done this excursion!! 

In 2013, which is not recent, we did the Royal excursion that combined climbing the falls with the dolphin swim.  It worked out fine, and it was a smallish operation.  There were lockers for rent at a nominal fee, a few animals to look at in a park, and the dolphins, of course.  My son was 16 but we saw young children.  The photos were expensive, but we still have one of the dolphin kissing our son.  Overall, it was a favorable experience.  Take note that you can swim with dolphins at other ports, and that there is a difference between an 'encounter" and doing something active with the dolphins.  The more elaborate experiences are more expensive.  I can't find our tickets with the exact name of the facility.  Have a great cruise...

On 9/3/2019 at 8:46 AM, Apatt08 said:

They will get split up at the dolphin cove.  We did this in 2015 at the Ocho Rios one with the falls climb.  It was a 45 min drive FYI.  This dolphin swim was fine but it was the least favorite of all the ones we have done at other ports FWIW.  They had a lunch provided on our excursion that was outstanding...the jerk chicken was to die for!!!!  We were not fans of Jamaica as the people are rude and pushy trying to sell all their crap!!!!!!!  The pictures are VERY expensive but at other dolphins you can negotiate, so I assume you can at this one too.