Traveling to and from airport/hotel

Liv

Let me start off by saying this is my first cruise and after reading these forums and watching an embarrassing amount of YouTube videos I seem to have done everything backwards! I first off did not use a travel agent, at the time I did not realize they were a free option to help alleviate some stress. Second, I booked my December 15 2019 Oasis of the Seas cruising just less than a month ago (I have yet to find someone who also has booked a cruise this last minute!). 

My question is, how do most people travel to and from Port? I did ONE good thing right and will be arriving in Miami 5pm the night before embarkation. I have not yet booked a hotel (I usually use HotelTonight and sometimes Air BnB) but after watching Vlogs I've noticed some hotels have shuttles to the port. I'm not sure which hotels have this. (Also any recommendation for hotels would be lovely! I'm not familiar at all with the area!)

Now, on debarkation day my flight is at 2pm. Do people take shuttles to the airport? Is UBER a good option?

Up until this point I have had it set in my mind I will just use UBER to and from Port, but now I'm questioning everything!

I probably sound completely ridiculous to many seasoned cruisers! Lol Thanks for any help offered to a baby cruiser ?

Booking a cruise 4 months out isn't that last minute..many have done less so no worries there.

A lot of ppl use Uber/Lyft to get to port. You did good by flying in the night before for sure. There are some hotels that will offer shuttle service but the ones downtown will tend to be pricey(imho).....you'll do better(cheaper) getting hotel deal that you like and taking an Uber to be honest.

Flat rate from port to airport with cabs as well....works out to about the same price if I remember correctly..just make sure they cabbie doesn't try to charge you the meter fare as its a flat rate!

Almost every time flying to a port, we arrived a day early and used the hotel concierge to arrange bus transportation for us.  Most hotels near the major ports have agreements with transportation companies to shuttle passengers back and forth.  I don't think we ever paid more than $100 for 2 of us.

The only time we flew on embarkation day, we flew into San Juan and used RCL transportation which our TA arranged for us.  There were RCL employees at the airport to greet us and get us on the shuttle.

For the 1st time, in 20 days, we can drive to our port in less than an hour (Boston).  It will be nice to wake up and take our time getting out of the house and also have an easy travel back home when we return.