Confusion over Caribbean Paddling in Saint Martin

TravisMA81

I booked an excursion on their website https://www.caribbeanpaddling.com/   I am sailing on Oasis OTS December 8-15 2019.  I was scheduled to be there on Dec 11, and was changed to the 12th.  I booked it June 18 and my credit card was charged for it.  I emailed them about the change.  I just got this email back saying:

I am not sure what booking your referring to. My company has been out of business since Irma. Please clarify where and what you booked in case someone is using my company name to scam people.
Thanks

Rachelle Bisaillon
Caribbean Paddle Company 
Phone: 340-775-2003 
Cell: 340-642-8900
St. John, US Virgin Islands 

I sent them an email back with the email I got when I booked it.  Has anyone else had this issue with them in the last few years.  I booked this because of @lauraodonnell86 recommendation. 

5 minutes ago, TravisMA81 said:

I booked an excursion on their website https://www.caribbeanpaddling.com/   I am sailing on Oasis OTS December 8-15 2019.  I was scheduled to be there on Dec 11, and was changed to the 12th.  I booked it June 18 and my credit card was charged for it.  I emailed them about the change.  I just got this email back saying:

I am not sure what booking your referring to. My company has been out of business since Irma. Please clarify where and what you booked in case someone is using my company name to scam people.
Thanks

Rachelle Bisaillon
Caribbean Paddle Company 
Phone: 340-775-2003 
Cell: 340-642-8900
St. John, US Virgin Islands 

I sent them an email back with the email I got when I booked it.  Has anyone else had this issue with them in the last few years.  I booked this because of @lauraodonnell86 recommendation. 

That email is from a different company. Caribbeanpaddle vs caribbeanpaddling. The first one is out of business, yes. The second appears to still be running. 

I'm on that sailing.. I booked at https://www.caribbeanpaddling.com/rentals/kayak-rental-pinel-island  I sent them an email about the itinerary change, and they adjusted my reservation, no problem. It's a small world! Good luck with your refund.

I hope you just emailed the incorrect vendor! I reserved the taxi/solo kayak/Frenchie Lunch combo. 

3 hours ago, Mrs. RoyalMoyal said:

I'm on that sailing.. I booked at https://www.caribbeanpaddling.com/rentals/kayak-rental-pinel-island  I sent them an email about the itinerary change, and they adjusted my reservation, no problem. It's a small world! Good luck with your refund.

I hope you just emailed the incorrect vendor! I reserved the taxi/solo kayak/Frenchie Lunch combo. 

Good to know.  I must have had the wrong email add at first.  I found another email add from their facebook page.  I emailed them but they are closed until Oct.  I reserved that one too but not the lunch.  It looks like a really chill kind of day, I hope the weather is nice.

We used them August 17, 2019 and had a great time. The only minor issue we had was that they wrote our reservation down as 2 double SUP vs. 2 double kayaks - I had a printout confirmation with me and it was quickly fixed. We were chatting with the owners and they mentioned that they were getting ready to leave for an extended vacation to the US which is likely the reason they're closed until October. 

9 hours ago, lauraodonnell86 said:

I'm glad the others here let you know the difference between the 2 companies. I used https://www.caribbeanpaddling.com/ not Caribbean Paddle. Hopefully you got everything worked out. This is a great company and I wouldn't want anyone thinking badly about them. 

I had the wrong email at first.  I got a hold of them and the have changed the date for me.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Travis

Can you please see if you can delete this thread. I was the owner of Caribbean Paddle and the one who emailed you back. As I mentioned in my email, my snorkel and paddle rental store,  blew away in Irma along with another one of my stores. Your booking was for a company on Saint Martin. My company was on an entirely different island. I do still have another business left and I would prefer to not have my name out there looking like I was trying to scam someone when I was just trying to help out as I was worried perhaps someone had possibly scammed you. Now that you realize that it was an email misunderstanding, I would appreciate it if you can delete this thread.

Thank you

Rachelle

14 hours ago, rachelleab said:

Hi Travis

Can you please see if you can delete this thread. I was the owner of Caribbean Paddle and the one who emailed you back. As I mentioned in my email, my snorkel and paddle rental store,  blew away in Irma along with another one of my stores. Your booking was for a company on Saint Martin. My company was on an entirely different island. I do still have another business left and I would prefer to not have my name out there looking like I was trying to scam someone when I was just trying to help out as I was worried perhaps someone had possibly scammed you. Now that you realize that it was an email misunderstanding, I would appreciate it if you can delete this thread.

Thank you

Rachelle

Rachelle, sorry to hear about what happened to your business.  The content on this thread clearly shows that you were not trying to scam anyone.  If possible, the thread should not deleted just in case the same thing happens again.  But the title should be changed to something like "Confusion over Caribbean Paddling in Saint Martin".  

My two cents...

12 hours ago, RatedPG said:

Rachelle, sorry to hear about what happened to your business.  The content on this thread clearly shows that you were not trying to scam anyone.  If possible, the thread should not deleted just in case the same thing happens again.  But the title should be changed to something like "Confusion over Caribbean Paddling in Saint Martin".  

My two cents...

On 9/23/2019 at 3:31 PM, rachelleab said:

Hi Travis

Thank you

Rachelle

I have changed the title.  Also the correct email address is [email protected].  I found it on their facebook page.