Sept 2 sailing

mark.s

1 hour ago, mark.s said:

So I got this email below. Looks like Disney cancelled their same 4day today . They gave full refund and 25% FCC . Any experiences with past RC cancellations and the compensation offered? 

B2AF091F-6C05-4129-906A-3DB22E393D0A.jpeg

I got this same email today and I am shocked that RL still thinks we can depart Wed with Dorian coming through as a Cat 3 right up the coast. Disney canceled and Carnival canceled one ship and moved the other to the 6th. 

Went to RC site to see the updates. Looks like Port Canaveral and Miami will have ships in port. They must see something that other cruise companies don’t see? They have a full time meteorologist so I’m confused how they expect people to fly in? Wouldn’t they know airlines would cancel flights rather than risk getting equipment damaged or stranded in a hurricane?

8 hours ago, mark.s said:

there is no way this ship is sailing wednesday night. 

RCL is looking to prove you wrong.  We'll know tonight at 6PM when they release their next official update.  Maybe RCL is willing to sail with just passengers who can drive to the port and have already conceded their losses for these cruises.  As it stands now, it looks like all of the scheduled cruises leaving FL on Wednesday have been shortened.  So they weren't going to be big money makers anyway...

13 hours ago, 12thman said:

Went to RC site to see the updates. Looks like Port Canaveral and Miami will have ships in port. They must see something that other cruise companies don’t see? They have a full time meteorologist so I’m confused how they expect people to fly in? Wouldn’t they know airlines would cancel flights rather than risk getting equipment damaged or stranded in a hurricane?

As of 8 am today the coast guard shut down Port Canaveral.

13 hours ago, 12thman said:

Delta has not canceled flight to the Orlando area as of yet.

Royal is updating again at 8pm per their website.

Marine traffic website shows both Harmony and Mariner aren't coming back until Thursday.

They haven't updated folks on board yet.

Next weather update comes out at 8pm.

Probably just making absolutely sure it's time to call it.

Also MCO is closed until 5pm on Thursday, so the incoming folks wouldn't even be able to fly out at this point.