On Empress Now

TetonPost

I'm sure most of you R/C followers are aware of what's going down on this ship right now, but just in case: They canceled CocoCay because of the hurricane and then decided it was not safe to return to Miami today so they extended the cruise by three days. A lot of folks bailed in Cozumel and then we sailed to Roatan for the day. We're now at sea heading to George Town for tomorrow, then back in Miami (maybe) on Wednesday.

The three days are totally free! They extended my drink and internet packages at no charge and even the gratuities stopped at 8 days. Instead of getting off the boat in Miami this morning I'm on a whole new adventure, compliments of Royal Caribbean. This is my first cruise ever and man am I a brand new fan of this cruise line!

I'm on the allure we saw you guys at roatan and Cozumel. They extended us as well. Currently at Costa Maya with the navigator and will be making the two sea day journey back to ft Lauderdale. I'm happy they extended all the prebooked package s at no cost. Allure also had many people leave at Cozumel and a few at roatan. Stay safe out there!

3 minutes ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

Enjoy your extended vacation and remember that you are now enjoying what should be someone else’s great vacation (through no fault of your own).  Your good fortune is their disappointment. ???

I’m so glad to hear that Royal is doing the right thing for you !

I'm very aware of that. I can imagine my disappointment if this cruise had been shortened or canceled.

4 minutes ago, leesam82 said:

I'm on the allure we saw you guys at roatan and Cozumel. They extended us as well. Currently at Costa Maya with the navigator and will be making the two sea day journey back to ft Lauderdale. I'm happy they extended all the prebooked package s at no cost. Allure also had many people leave at Cozumel and a few at roatan. Stay safe out there!

I had an amazing adventure in Roatan with a cab and an all day drive around the island for $40, which would not have happened but for this!

39 minutes ago, TetonPost said:

I'm very aware of that. I can imagine my disappointment if this cruise had been shortened or canceled.

45 minutes ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

Enjoy your extended vacation and remember that you are now enjoying what should be someone else’s great vacation (through no fault of your own).  Your good fortune is their disappointment. ???

I’m so glad to hear that Royal is doing the right thing for you !

giphy.gif

Awesome!   Id be so thrilled with that but I understand some people have to get home....cant control the weather!  We are going on empress in about a month, Oct 5th sailing.   Have been on alot of cruises with RC but not on Empress yet.   Hopefully things are calm when we go...just a 5 night with myself and wife.   Looking forward to it.

3 minutes ago, klc317 said:

Awesome!   We are going on empress in about a month, Oct 5th sailing.   Have been on alot of cruises with RC but not on Empress yet.   Hopefully things are calm when we go...just a 5 night with myself and wife.   Looking forward to it.

I love this little ship.Granted, my first cruise so I have nothing to compare, but it feels kind of like I'm on a private yacht and the owner is a guy with a thick Norwegian accent who comes over the intercom occasionally telling us to enjoy everything on him!

1 minute ago, TetonPost said:

I love this little ship.Granted, my first cruise so I have nothing to compare, but it feels kind of like I'm on a private yacht and the owner is a guy with a thick Norwegian accent who comes over the intercom occasionally telling us to enjoy everything on him!

Hey man, sounds good to me!!   Enjoy the extra time!!   Nothing wrong with the little ships......we always have a good time....its vacation after all.