Flights booked with Royal Caribbean

misslottie

Hello, hoping someone can help please?

We’ve booked our flights through Royal and are travelling with EasyJet on September 15th.

I looked at my guest ticket booklet this morning, found my flight booking reference and duly went to EasyJet’s website to check in and select seat options (we’re a group of 6 and would like to at least sit in pairs).

When I tried to find our booking, the reference Royal has given me is not accepted by the airline - their code starts with an E and it needs to start with an H.

So I called Royal who advised they don’t issue PNR’s until 10 days before the flight. This isn’t ideal as a look at the flight seating shows it’s already filling up.

Does anyone know if this is correct? The agent I spoke with initially said the reference I have now is fine but when I mentioned it wasn’t accepted, he then said I’d need to call Royal again 10 days before to get the PNR. 

I don't know what a PNR is but one thing that helped me during this recent mess of travel is just being persistent with calling or being transferred to someone who may be able to help you.  It became very clear to me that not everyone is on the same page nor has the same information.  I spoke with at least 5 different RC reps the last few days and not one of them had the same information as the other.

42 minutes ago, PhantomWolf said:

I don't know what a PNR is but one thing that helped me during this recent mess of travel is just being persistent with calling or being transferred to someone who may be able to help you.  It became very clear to me that not everyone is on the same page nor has the same information.  I spoke with at least 5 different RC reps the last few days and not one of them had the same information as the other.

Thank you PhantomWolf.

I wasn’t sure what a PNR was either, google says it’s a passenger name record (had never heard of that before!)

I’m going to try calling them again tomorrow and see if I get hold of another agent - today I got the same agent three times!

He wasn’t unhelpful, just worried me as at first he said the reference on the documents was ok to use with the airline but when I said it should begin with a H he then said it wouldn’t be issued until 10 days before. Some consistency would be reassuring..

6 hours ago, misslottie said:

I wasn’t sure what a PNR was either, google says it’s a passenger name record (had never heard of that before!)

A PNR # is a 6 digit A/N code that is used to identify you, from purchase to you boarding in all of the airline systems.  It goes back to the days when Travel Agents booked tickets for you.  The problem with reservation #s it is usually unique to the organization who sold you the ticket.  i.e. Air2Sea, Priceline or the specific airline.  The PNR code as it is known, is what is unique to you with each airline with all of that airline's systems.

As stated, some airline's systems allow you to use multiple ways to look up your reservations (name, reservation #, PNR code) ... some don't.  The PNR Code is the industry standard for all airlines.

Air2Sea gave us ours at the time of booking, although on British Airways its a PCB. I would call them back to make sure . Beware that some airlines have different procedures for advance seating. ie had to pay $52.00 per seat each way on British Airways, it would have been free if I waited until 24 hours prior to flight 

Just an update - Royal emailed us yesterday with a flight reference which we then used to book our seats.

As it’s Easyjet I knew we’d have to pay to guarantee seats together but unfortunately, unless we wanted to pay £18.50pp one way, we can’t on way out to Italy. We’ve paid £4pp and are sat across aisle from each other (as are the in laws) but it’s only a 2.5 hour flight so not too bad.

Cheaper on way back at £8pp and are sat together.

Thanks everyone for your help ?

On 9/2/2019 at 9:17 AM, markm said:

Air2Sea gave us ours at the time of booking, although on British Airways its a PCB. I would call them back to make sure . Beware that some airlines have different procedures for advance seating. ie had to pay $52.00 per seat each way on British Airways, it would have been free if I waited until 24 hours prior to flight 

We had a similar experience with British Airways.