Eye of the storm

The cruises durning the week of September 8th leaving out of port Canaveral should be able to have people that want to cruise durning that week on any cruise line should be able to make a reservation for that week on the ship that they want to book the cruise for. The info that that is online for the 7 day or longer cruises would be the same information for the shorter cruise dates. 

Hey @Diamondntherough , We're sailing on Allure Sept. 8 and right now I don't think there is anything to worry about.  It looks like this week's cruises will be shortened but I'm keeping my fingers crossed that everything is in order by next weekend.  I haven't heard anything official from RCCL but all the weather reports/RCCL updates I've seen it looks like everything should be over by Wednesday or Thursday at the latest, which means they should have a few days to get ready for us on the 8th.  

Sailing on allure sept 8. Saw somewhere propulsion problems again. I am worried about flooding because of hurricane in florida. How do you get from airport to ship if roads are flooded, i am a worrier so thinking of all scenarios. 

Just now, ScottL said:

Hey @Diamondntherough , We're sailing on Allure Sept. 8 and right now I don't think there is anything to worry about.  It looks like this week's cruises will be shortened but I'm keeping my fingers crossed that everything is in order by next weekend.  I haven't heard anything official from RCCL but all the weather reports/RCCL updates I've seen it looks like everything should be over by Wednesday or Thursday at the latest, which means they should have a few days to get ready for us on the 8th.  

Thanks to all that gave a response. I pray that all goes according to plan, however  Woody Allen said it best. — 'If you want to make God laugh, tell him about your plans.'

@ ScottL: We are booked on the harmony of the seas. Should not have an issue getting to the port, fingers crossed. @ Benny: The last report for the bridge was last friday. 

BREVARD COUNTY • PORT CANAVERAL, FLORIDA – Port Canaveral announced on Friday that the State Road 401 bridge at the Port will only open on the hour until 5 p.m. today (Friday), due to Hurricane Dorian.

After 5 p.m., the bridge will be open on demand for transit.

@FManke: We are sailing to coco cay the first day. but last update was it had been closed due to the approaching storm. And the itinerary had beed changed for those who sailed last weekend up until this weekend. 

From what I understand the propulsion problems have been an ongoing issue for quite a while, @Benny , unless you heard of something new.  We're flying into Miami and we've got a shuttle booked with RCCL to get us to the cruise terminal.  Based on the current hurricane trajectory it looks like Miami will miss most of the big stuff and I"m hoping since everything should be calming down by Wed. or Thurs. that the roads will be back to normal by the time we fly in on Sunday morning.

8 hours ago, Diamondntherough said:

Hello all,

Just checking in to see if anyone here is schedule to cruise on sept,8th. I'm reading a lot of info on the shorter cruise dates but nothing for the upcoming 7 day or longer, leaving out of port canaveral. Praying that the hurricane passes and all is well in its path.

We are scheduled to sail 8 September on Harmony, but we don't know if Port Canaveral will actually be open on the 7th or 8th due to storm and clean-up.  Further, we don't know if we can get down there from North Carolina because the hurricane may skirt the coast line.  Actually, it all boils down to our cat -- will we be evacuated with the cat, or will our scheduled cat-sitter stay in town?   And that isn't something covered by trip insurance....I tell you, I am going to look for better storm travel insurance next time....We remain optimistic that we will manage somehow.  Good luck and safe travels to all being affected directly or indirectly!

13 hours ago, ChessE4 said:

We are scheduled to sail 8 September on Harmony, but we don't know if Port Canaveral will actually be open on the 7th or 8th due to storm and clean-up.  Further, we don't know if we can get down there from North Carolina because the hurricane may skirt the coast line.  Actually, it all boils down to our cat -- will we be evacuated with the cat, or will our scheduled cat-sitter stay in town?   And that isn't something covered by trip insurance....I tell you, I am going to look for better storm travel insurance next time....We remain optimistic that we will manage somehow.  Good luck and safe travels to all being affected directly or indirectly!

ChessE4, hello neighbor. We are leaving out of Gwinnett Ga. We are driving down the day before as usual. Safe travels to you and your family as well. See you on board : )

I am on the same Sept. 8th Harmony sailing. I haven't heard/ read anything that suggests departure would be delayed out of Port Canaveral. The only "issue" I can think of may be the condition of Cococay - Royal says they hope to re-open it on the 7th, depending on further analysis of the damage. Since we're scheduled to visit the island on the 9th, there may be a slight itinerary change for our sailing if it has been severely damaged.

51 minutes ago, KJones said:

I am on the same Sept. 8th Harmony sailing. I haven't heard/ read anything that suggests departure would be delayed out of Port Canaveral. The only "issue" I can think of may be the condition of Cococay - Royal says they hope to re-open it on the 7th, depending on further analysis of the damage. Since we're scheduled to visit the island on the 9th, there may be a slight itinerary change for our sailing if it has been severely damaged.

We are just trying to be prepared in case there is flooding on the roads to the port, or difficulty getting gas on I-95 from NC.  We don't yet know how hard Wilmington, NC will be hit, but we know we can manage tropical storm-level winds.  I agree that Royal intends to sail on the 8th.  Wishing us all luck in the days ahead!