Anyone else have these issues with canceling?

*For cancelling Navigator's shortened sailing* No thanks...I'm not paying full price airfare for a laughable attempt at a vacation.

I'm a very calm and understanding person when it comes to call centers/customer service.  They shouldn't be punching bags...but this has to be shared.

Was on the phone for two hours yesterday to cancel my sailing and flight.  The first person in reservations didn't listen to what I was trying to do, she eventually transferred me to someone to Air2Sea once I thought I was done cancelling my sailing.  The A2S rep said that I couldn't get a refund and it would have to be credit (fine no problem) but I would have to contact the airline to use that credit (turns out that ALL of that was wrong).  I then made sure to get transferred back to reservations to make sure my trip was cancelled.  The first rep DIDN'T cancel it.  So I had the second rep do that...so I thought...

Airline couldn't help me because they couldn't see the total they would be crediting me for and I would have to call A2S back. So another call to them revealed that I COULD get a full refund for the flight..great lets do that, I'm done being passed around..."but you need to cancel your trip" 

--I did that yesterday...TWICE--   "We are showing its still active"  

***table flip***

Took THREE times to get my trip cancelled and to get a confirmation email!  While I'm getting a voucher for the cancelled sailing...I'm not excited to ever try and deal with RC again.  Sure they are super busy but no two people had the same information to give me!!  

On top of all of this my trip for 2020 has disappeared off of my list of upcoming travel. (no email received for canceling this) All I've paid is the deposit but WTH?!!

11 hours ago, mworkman said:

@PhantomWolf Royals website has been wonkers, more than usual.  All of my future cruises disappear and reappear, but my past cruises still show. 

If you click on Past Cruises tab, your past cruises will populate. Then when you click on current/booked cruises, your upcoming cruises will populate. However, YMMV. The cruise planner is VERY glitchy this evening.

Edited by Baked Alaska
Getting my techy on.

13 hours ago, Baked Alaska said:

If you click on Past Cruises tab, your past cruises will populate. Then when you click on current/booked cruises, your upcoming cruises will populate. However, YMMV. The cruise planner is VERY glitchy this evening.

I've been doing this "trick" for some time now. LOL.

@PhantomWolf- This is EXACTLY what we went through also for 5 days of that crap!!!! Every single person we talked to had a different story and they were never the same. The last lady I talked to I told her I wouldn’t get off the phone unless she sent me a cancellation email, that we could talk all week. I understand RCCL can’t control the weather, however, they CAN control how they handle it. It would have been nice to get ONE email during this situation explaining my options due to the storm but nope, I got to call and spend hours on the phone to get different stories each time. 

Supposedly I now have a 100% future cruise credit but won’t see an email on that until Tuesday (I’m not holding my breath since they haven’t been able to send me one email yet)!!! 

Did anyone that cancelled get their Future Cruise Credit yet???

5 hours ago, arabucki said:

Supposedly I now have a 100% future cruise credit but won’t see an email on that until Tuesday (I’m not holding my breath since they haven’t been able to send me one email yet)!!! 

Did anyone that cancelled get their Future Cruise Credit yet???

I was told by the first person I should receive an email with the voucher around September 20th, and the person who actually cancelled my trip (third time's a charm) said if I don't receive it in a week, that I should give them a call.

Next time I will 100% be using a travel agent!! 

5 hours ago, Hagar said:

I left a middle manager speechless when I argued that they could skip doing one commercial of theirs to help fix their "IT" glitches ;>)

Skip a couple of commercials and maybe send a few less advertisement emails!!!  I kept them in a separate folder for August.  48 ads in 31 days...

5 hours ago, KathyC said:

Right there, you are confirming my opinion of why we are always using a travel agent.   They take care of all of this, for free.   No stress at all for me. 

That's exactly what I was going to say! A good travel agent is worth his/her weight in gold at times like this. 

On 9/1/2019 at 3:27 PM, KathyC said:

Right there, you are confirming my opinion of why we are always using a travel agent.   They take care of all of this, for free.   No stress at all for me. 

Couldn't agree more. My TA dealt with RC on at least 4 or 5 separate calls related to cancelling my Mariner sailing.