Express train to Rome from Civitavecchia

MoomooTravels

Happy Saturday! 

We are looking for advice on the Express train from Civitavecchia to Rome for upcoming Oasis of the Seas sailing.   We are not taking a RCl excursion, but wanted to see if anyone has experience using the express train to get into the city.  We have been to Rome previously, so we didn’t want to do a full guided tour.  Any help is very much appreciated! ?

Hi MoomooTravels!

My experience is the following:

I have never taken the express train in Civitavecchia but a couple of times I have taken the normal train. The express takes between 35-50 minutes and the normal between 40 and 60 minutes. The price of the normal train is 4.60 euros each way. In addition, if you are going to make a route on your own, the express for the return can only be taken in Rome Ostiense, while we have always done the following route:
Civitavecchia - Rome San Pietro - city route - Rome Termini - Civitavecchia
We have never had any problems with the normal train and we have always found available train tickets, although you can also buy the tickets online (calculating the arrival time of the boat and the journey to the station that is a bit far from the port).

If you need more information, you can write me here or by message.

Regards.