Extra key card for cabin

Leafywing

We are booked in 2 cabins across from each other with 1 adult and teenager (under 18) per cabin as per booking rules.  Once on on board the kids will be in 1 cabin and us in the other but we want to have a spare key card for each cabin.  We heard this was easier than reassigning the seapass cards.  Should we do this on embarkation day or wait til the morning of the 2nd day?  Any advice would be appreciated.

1 hour ago, Leafywing said:

We are booked in 2 cabins across from each other with 1 adult and teenager (under 18) per cabin as per booking rules.  Once on on board the kids will be in 1 cabin and us in the other but we want to have a spare key card for each cabin.  We heard this was easier than reassigning the seapass cards.  Should we do this on embarkation day or wait til the morning of the 2nd day?  Any advice would be appreciated.

As stated, you can check with Guest Services and get an extra "blank" sea pass for room entry only.  I would suggest explaining to your stateroom attendant what you are doing so that beds are properly adjusted, if necessary.

We do this every cruise.  Go to guest services and get an extra key for each room.  The person who switched will then have two cards, one for their room and one that is there sea pass for exiting and returning to the ship as well as any packages they purchased.

19 hours ago, Leafywing said:

I would think the line would be shorter the morning of the 2nd day. The line is often crazy on day one.  If you walk by after/before dinner on day 1 you might have a short wait. 

• 3 years later...

We are in the same boat (no pun intended). We have 5 adults, 5 kids and 5 cabins. One adult, one kid per cabin, but that is not how we will actually be sharing space. I see responses regarding getting "blank" cabin keys, but this means that most of us will have to carry two cards. Has anyone asked if all of the cabins in a group can be "keyed alike" so that any of our cards will open any of our doors?

50 minutes ago, Elliot said:

We are in the same boat (no pun intended). We have 5 adults, 5 kids and 5 cabins. One adult, one kid per cabin, but that is not how we will actually be sharing space. I see responses regarding getting "blank" cabin keys, but this means that most of us will have to carry two cards. Has anyone asked if all of the cabins in a group can be "keyed alike" so that any of our cards will open any of our doors?

Hmmm... interesting concept. I have no idea, but I would also love that! Although I'm not sure I want my teens randomly wandering into my and my husband's room when we're on vacation... 😂 So probably I just want it to work on the adults' cards!