Sea Pass holder

ManonM

Hi,

We are sailing on Liberty in September. We have never cruised with Royal Caribbean before. We have made custom lanyards for our party of 11. What type of id holder do you use for your sea pass and why? Or is there a hole in the Sea Pass to attach to the lanyard? And then do you take the card out or remove your lanyard every time you get a drink, etc.? I know these are silly questions, but my OCD is acting up as the date approaches... Photos of your Sea Pass holder would be helpful :) (especially if on Liberty as I'm sure it's not the same on the newer ships)

Thank you!

45 minutes ago, MO & LO on the go! said:

We have never been on oasis or quantum class ships (Have our first on Harmony in Jan 2021!).  Do they all have RFID? and how does that work as opposed to the old type cards for stuff?  

Harmony has them.

Old style cards are swiped for unlocking stateroom doors, making purchases, and for access to gangways.

The RFID cards are tapped on the sensors to accomplish the same tasks as the old ones.

Just now, MO & LO on the go! said:

Cool!  10 cruises of the old cards will be interesting to try the new ones!

You can purchase WOW bands on ships that have RFID sensors.  I like them for unlocking stateroom doors, but not for making purchases or getting drinks.  Some bartenders will ask you to take them off your wrist.  Not very cool.

2 minutes ago, RatedPG said:

You can purchase WOW bands on ships that have RFID sensors.  I like them for unlocking stateroom doors, but not for making purchases or getting drinks.  Some bartenders will ask you to take them off your wrist.  Not very cool.

Well that sounds like a pain!!!  Ill stick to pulling it out of my pocket I'm thinking.  Thanks for the info!  Out of curiosity what it a rough price on the WOW band?