visiting Nassau

usafun

We are going in October and are not doing an excursion. Instead, we're using one of Frommer's Walking Tour plans to see some sights. (I enjoy touristy things, so this scratches my itch for free.)

Our plan is to be back on the ship by early afternoon.

(edited because I borked the link)

39 minutes ago, kimberussell said:

We are going in October and are not doing an excursion. Instead, we're using one of <a href="https://www.google.com/maps/d/u/0/viewer?hl=en&ie=UTF8&t=h&oe=UTF8&msa=0&mid=1z0pKUFtyYA1D0nd8O4dC9Q3pJSE&ll=25.077990614432007%2C-77.34067099999999&z=14">Frommer's Walking Tour</a> plans to see some sights. (I enjoy touristy things, so this scratches my itch for free.)

I love this idea! We are going in Sept and were waffling on whether we wanted to do an excursion as we didn't feel we got our money's worth on the excursions from our last cruise. This way we can explore on our own and go back to the ship when we feel like it. 

On 8/31/2019 at 3:44 PM, kimberussell said:

We are going in October and are not doing an excursion. Instead, we're using one of <a href="https://www.google.com/maps/d/u/0/viewer?hl=en&ie=UTF8&t=h&oe=UTF8&msa=0&mid=1z0pKUFtyYA1D0nd8O4dC9Q3pJSE&ll=25.077990614432007%2C-77.34067099999999&z=14">Frommer's Walking Tour</a> plans to see some sights. (I enjoy touristy things, so this scratches my itch for free.)

Thanks for this. Was wondering how to do Nassau and this is ideal. Maybe stop for a wee cocktail after building up a thirst, then back on board.

On 8/31/2019 at 3:44 PM, kimberussell said:

We did this walking tour a few years back and enjoyed it. Here I am at the bottom of the Queen's Staircase. :5_smiley:

IMGP3213.JPG

Our Nassau stop in March was on the shorter side, so we also did a walking tour. We walked up to Fort Fincastle, had a short tour, and the kids spent some time looking at the stalls for some souvenirs. We then walked down the Queen's Staircase, and through some of the streets, enjoying the different buildings. We then checked out some stores before heading back to the ship. It ended up being a relaxing, enjoyable day, and some of my kids even rated it as their favourite day!