DBP is back down today!!

JLMoran

Holy crow! I just checked my Cruise Planner and the Deluxe package is back down to the “old standard” $56/night base price. No active promo in place, so I’m curious if this is a presage of a proper Labor Day sale. Guess I’ll know by Saturday if I’m going to finally be picking up the package or solidly off of #TeamDX.

C’mon 30% sale! Daddy needs a Dark & Stormy or three!!

9 hours ago, JLMoran said:

Holy crow! I just checked my Cruise Planner and the Deluxe package is back down to the “old standard” $56/night base price. No active promo in place, so I’m curious if this is a presage of a proper Labor Day sale. Guess I’ll know by Saturday if I’m going to finally be picking up the package or solidly off of #TeamDX.

C’mon 30% sale! Daddy needs a Dark & Stormy or three!!

Keep your hands and feet inside the ride at all times and enjoy your ride on the RC pricing rollercoaster!

This morning the Labor Day Sale banner is now on display. Still $56/night, same as last night, and listed as BOGO50 (i.e. 25% off). That works out to just under $75/night on-board price. So they reduced the on-board price a smidge, but not enough to make me bite.

Sorry, Royal, but no #TeamDX for me at this point. That drink calculator posted here a while back makes it really clear that at these prices, I'm best off just sticking with the Refreshment Package I already bought (especially at $17/night!), bringing my own wine for dinner drinks, and then enjoying any mid-day or after-dinner drinks a la carte.

4 minutes ago, JLMoran said:

Just noticed that my phone insisted on auto-correcting DBP to DHP in the topic title. Hope that didn't confuse too many people. ?

I was wondering what NEW package that was..... Deluxe Happiness Package.... Deluxe Hops Package....  Deluxe Hangover Package???

Just now, marti314 said:

I was wondering what NEW package that was..... Deluxe Happiness Package.... Deluxe Hops Package....  Deluxe Hangover Package???

Deluxe Hangry Package ?

Actually wouldn't object to a Deluxe Hops Package! I can live on beer alone!

Cruise Planner related question here.  About how far out do shows and on board activities start showing up in the CP?  I am 471 days out from sailing.  I just don't want to miss out on booking the Aqua theatre show, ice shows, etc. that will work best with our other planned events. 

1 minute ago, DublinFC said:

Cruise Planner related question here.  About how far out do shows and on board activities start showing up in the CP?  I am 471 days out from sailing.  I just don't want to miss out on booking the Aqua theatre show, ice shows, etc. that will work best with our other planned events. 

I've seen them come out about 45 days prior to sailing.

Just now, DublinFC said:

sit patiently and wait then, got it ?

Times can go fast once they are released. I join Facebook groups for my particular sailings - with so many eyes, someone will usually spot them appearing on the cruise planner and post it - I've done the same for others - it's handy (if you're a FB user).

1 minute ago, SpeedNoodles said:

Times can go fast once they are released. I join Facebook groups for my particular sailings - with so many eyes, someone will usually spot them appearing on the cruise planner and post it - I've done the same for others - it's handy (if you're a FB user).

I will have to keep an eye out for it then.  I am not on FB a lot.

So the Labor Day sale ended yesterday. Banners are gone from my Cruise Planner today as expected, and things like VOOM have gone back up to "normal" pre-boarding prices...

But the DBP is still listed at $56/night. Same as it was throughout the promo.

Methinks Royal is starting to realize that folks on this last Bermuda sailing of the season aren't willing to pay what Royal has been thinking they'd be willing to pay after the earlier super-hike to $65/night. If this price is still there tomorrow, that will give me some hope for a last-minute promo that finally brings the 30% off offer into play and gets the price down to $49 (30% off current calculated on-board price of $70).

It's funny, until I started cruising I never used algebra. Now I use it all the time to figure out the on-board pricing and other stuff related to my sailings! ?

2 hours ago, JLMoran said:

It's funny, until I started cruising I never used algebra. Now I use it all the time to figure out the on-board pricing and other stuff related to my sailings! ?

I tell my son (who's now a freshman) and the kids I teach* at school that Algebra and higher math is a way for colleges, etc to weed you out during the application process. That is, do well in higher math and YOU can weed the schools out! HOWEVER, now I will also tell them it will come in handy when planning their many vacations (as they will have many since they did so well in Algebra and higher math! LOL). . . (*I pinch hit Algebra, Sciences, and Music when the regular teachers are not available.) 

2 hours ago, JLMoran said:

But the DBP is still listed at $56/night. Same as it was throughout the promo.

Methinks Royal is starting to realize that folks on this last Bermuda sailing of the season aren't willing to pay what Royal has been thinking they'd be willing to pay after the earlier super-hike to $65/night. If this price is still there tomorrow...

So it seems the Labor Day sale got extended -- had an email show up in my inbox announcing it. This is why the price is still down at $56, and it will definitely be at that price tomorrow. And I'm betting that tomorrow I will see the banners once again on the Cruise Planner. ?

Cruise Planner is telling me "30% off Onboard Prices" at $57/day.... So, either the drink package is $81/day at this point ($57 with the 30% discount), or they are dangling the 30% off discount with no actual savings.  I booked at a much lower price, so I'm standing firm where I'm at.

5 hours ago, mpink said:

Cruise Planner is telling me "30% off Onboard Prices"

The general banner for me that heads up the emails I get has been saying "Up to 30% off onboard prices" (emphasis mine), but then upon scrolling it tells me that the DBP is BOGO50. Would be nice if they left off the "up to" part and just had "30% off onboard prices, every item, all the things". ?