Watch Credit Card Statements

singleton

Just returned from our first cruise with Royal Caribbean Liberty of The Seas. Everything was great until I returned home to find they charged multiple charges totaling over $5,000 on my credit card when I only owed $295. I'm sure charges would have continued if I hadn't froze my card. We are on day 4 trying to get resolved. Every day is a new excuse & all they can say is I'm sorry. Just wanted to share & to bring awareness of what Royal has done. Please watch your credit card statements. It was our first cruise & will be our last with them.

I know these types of thing can happen so it is also a very good idea to look at your statement on the ship throughout the week. My last cruise someone(s) charged drinks to my account that I had to get fixed. If you ever go near the customer service desk on the night before debarkation there are some pretty heated conversations; it can be entertainment all by itself.

Hopefully you have a good credit card that will be in your corner.  They will likely require Royal Caribbean to provide proof of the charges and they can cross check it against your final itemized statement you should have received from RC on your last night.

I dealt with a credit card issue (stolen and several false charges) in July when we visited New York City and Capital One could not have been better at taking care of it.  Today's credit card companies are very vigilant about fraud.

10 hours ago, singleton said:

Just returned from our first cruise with Royal Caribbean Liberty of The Seas. Everything was great until I returned home to find they charged multiple charges totaling over $5,000 on my credit card when I only owed $295. I'm sure charges would have continued if I hadn't froze my card. We are on day 4 trying to get resolved. Every day is a new excuse & all they can say is I'm sorry. Just wanted to share & to bring awareness of what Royal has done. Please watch your credit card statements. It was our first cruise & will be our last with them.

Just dispute the charge(s). With EVERY credit card you can dispute any given charge.

19 minutes ago, Tim B. said:

I know these types of thing can happen so it is also a very good idea to look at your statement on the ship throughout the week. My last cruise someone(s) charged drinks to my account that I had to get fixed. If you ever go near the customer service desk on the night before debarkation there are some pretty heated conversations; it can be entertainment all by itself.

That is the ABSOLUTE truth!!!  I have been waiting in line to get a few things settled on several cruises and it was pretty funny just listening to what had happened to several fellow cruisers!  From the amount of "lost" towels that the kids were leaving all over the ship to steep charges on the sea pass card that the kids used in the arcade.  Its downright crazy what happens onboard. 

45 minutes ago, Tim B. said:

If you ever go near the customer service desk on the night before debarkation there are some pretty heated conversations; it can be entertainment all by itself.

This to check your s is why it is a good idea to check your cruise account periodically throughout your cruise to catch any charges before the last day.

11 hours ago, singleton said:

I just wanted to assure you that when I had an erroneous charge on my Royal Caribbean visa, they accepted my dispute and removed the charge.  In my case, it was unrelated to a cruise, and we think it was an "inside" theft of my number, but they took care of it.  With other credit cards, fraudulent charges were always cleared up.  I am truly sorry for your frustration and wish you well.

7 hours ago, Tim B. said:

How can we look at the statement on the ship without wifi?

2 minutes ago, TJ! said:

How can we look at the statement on the ship without wifi?

It's available on your TV in your stateroom.

2 minutes ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

You don't need to purchase VOOM to use the RC app while on board.

I was wondering about this earlier today.  Thanks for the info.

1 minute ago, TJ! said:

How do we check out account on the cruise periodically without paying for wifi?

you can check your account on the Royal app on your phone at any time. Dont need the internet package to connect. Just wifi turned on, on your phone. You wont be able to use the internet, but will be able to use the app. 
Also, should be able to view your account on your stateroom TV. 

• 3 years later...

Royal Caribbean owes me money from a cruise I took back in May 2022.  Instead of paying me what they owe me, they actually took the liberty of charging my credit card the amounts already owed to me.They now owe me close to $5,000 and won’t pay me what they owe me or credit my credit card back for the unauthorized monies charged to it. 

Does anybody know the best way to rectify this matter?  It’s the craziest thing that I have ever dealt with in my life!  I really cannot believe what I have been dealing with!!!

On 10/4/2022 at 7:42 PM, Cheryl Ellis said:

Royal Caribbean owes me money from a cruise I took back in May 2022.  Instead of paying me what they owe me, they actually took the liberty of charging my credit card the amounts already owed to me.They now owe me close to $5,000 and won’t pay me what they owe me or credit my credit card back for the unauthorized monies charged to it. 

Does anybody know the best way to rectify this matter?  It’s the craziest thing that I have ever dealt with in my life!  I really cannot believe what I have been dealing with!!!

Have you put in the dispute with your credit card company?

On 8/30/2019 at 7:41 AM, bhageerah said:

That is the ABSOLUTE truth!!!  I have been waiting in line to get a few things settled on several cruises and it was pretty funny just listening to what had happened to several fellow cruisers!  From the amount of "lost" towels that the kids were leaving all over the ship to steep charges on the sea pass card that the kids used in the arcade.  Its downright crazy what happens onboard. 

Not to mention “I couldn’t possibly have had that many drinks!!’  Not always the kids who run up the bill.  And for OP, report the charges & let your CC company deal with it.  That’s what their Disputes Dept is for.

On 10/7/2022 at 4:38 PM, Pooch said:

Not to mention “I couldn’t possibly have had that many drinks!!’  Not always the kids who run up the bill.  And for OP, report the charges & let your CC company deal with it.  That’s what their Disputes Dept is for.

I check mine periodically, usually on the TV. It's funny how many times I think "what is that charge, it's wrong" and then when I go back and really think, it's something I did purchase.

On 10/7/2022 at 4:38 PM, Pooch said:

Unfortunately, OP will probably never see this.  Their profile says that they are a "one and done" complainer.  They haven't logged back onto this site in over 3 years, that same day as they posted.....