Benefits to booking while on board?

keegs5312

I'm looking to see if there are any benefits/discounts to booking your next cruise while on board ship.  I'm taking my Mom on the Enchantment of the Seas on the 13th and also planning on doing a 7 day cruise on the Freedom of the Seas in July for a party of 5 (2 rooms).  I was wondering if I should book now and take advantage of the onboard credit promotion (we are doing 2 balcony rooms & the credit is $150 per room) or if I should wait & book it while on my cruise on the 13th.  Any suggestions would be welcomed, thank you

I would book onboard if you're certain of what cruise you want to do next.  First, the deposit amount is much less.  Second, you get the onboard credit as you mentioned.

The other option is buy a Next Cruise Certificate, which is an open booking that requires just $100 deposit and gets you the onboard credit but you can hold off on booking until later.  

I am going to be on the Enchantment of the Seas for the same cruise  as keegs5312 on the 13th!

While I already have my next cruise booked, I am always up for anything that saves me on my next one.

As a rule of thumb, is it a better deal $ wise to book something when onboard, or to wait for a sale/promo and book online?

As a rule of thumb, is it a better deal $ wise to book something when onboard, or to wait for a sale/promo and book online?

In a perfect world, I think best to book a NextCruise Certificate onboard and then combine it with a sale/promo that comes out.

The reason to book a specific cruise onboard is if you want a specific cabin and waiting would put that cabin at risk.  Also, Royal Caribbean's promotions rarely change price of cruise unless it's really last minute.