Sea Pass Card or Wristband?

Neesa

Does the RC Harmony have something like a "magicband" wristband or something of this nature to serve as a Sea Pass Card? If so would you recommend? Where and when would you purchase them, I can't find anything like this on my cruise planner. I am not a fan of pockets or lanyards. Just curious for any input you can afford us, thanks again!

From what I've read, there are a few ships that support a wristband that can unlock your door and serve as a Sea Pass for charging drinks/etc.  However, the biggest complaint I've seen is that most bars don't have readers within wrist distance so you have to take it off to hand to the bartender.  That kind of defeats the purpose.

1 minute ago, Atlantix2000 said:

However, the biggest complaint I've seen is that most bars don't have readers within wrist distance so you have to take it off to hand to the bartender.  That kind of defeats the purpose.

Same goes for the bars around the pools.  You can take them into the water with you, but must hand them over to get a drink from a waiter.

We used the WOW bands extensively in May of this year for our Harmony - western loop cruise.  We really liked the WOW bands, as they were very convenient.  They easily open your room door, and can be used anywhere on the ship you would need a seapass card for.  This includes checking out (and returning) towels on the pool deck, entrance into shows, and purchases from the stores on board.  We never had to remove them from the wrist for any of these.  We don't drink alcohol, so have no experience with how well they worked/didn't work with the bars.  They were completely waterproof, and could be left on the wrist while in the pools, hot tubs, etc. with no issues.  They were VERY convenient.

To get them, go to the Boleros lounge at the end of the promenade as soon as you board.  They had a desk there, and we waited in line all of 2-3 minutes.  They were $4.99 each.  They do NOT have any muster location on them, so were used universally by anyone.  On our sailing, we only had a choice of black or yellow.

These can only be used while on the ship.  You still have to use your seapass card to get on and off the ship.

Not going to rehash the whole WOW band vs Seapass card but they both have their positives and negatives, I am a fan of the WOW band and used both during our cruise on Anthem in April.  I have ours saved in our cruise bag and will be quick to bring them out and have them re-programmed or traded out on the next ship we sail on that has the ability  to use them.?

On our Symphony cruise back in May, we had the WOW bands.  They are very convenient as others have said, but what was not convenient was having to take it off every time we ordered a drink anywhere on the ship.  I hope in the future RC offers the staff mobile scanning devices for the WOW bands.  Then they would be a perfect accessory for the cruise. 

The only time we ever had WOW bands was way back when Quantum was brand new (Dec. '14).  Over the course of the cruise, we didn't like them.  It was like wearing a 2nd watch and we got tired of having to take them off all the time.  We eventually ended up putting them in our pocket/purse which sort of defeated the purpose.   I always have my wallet with m anyways, so I prefer the card.

Keep in mind that it is a one time purchase of $4.99.  They can be reprogrammed and used again and again.  We have used ours twice on Harmony and will use them again on Symphony. Do they work perfectly? No, but they do provide additional convenience.  I use both.  For the people complaining about occasionally having to hand them to the bartender, how is that any different them giving them your card?  I'll keep using mine..

6 hours ago, GA Cruiser said:

Keep in mind that it is a one time purchase of $4.99.  They can be reprogrammed and used again and again.  We have used ours twice on Harmony and will use them again on Symphony. Do they work perfectly? No, but they do provide additional convenience.  I use both.  For the people complaining about occasionally having to hand them to the bartender, how is that any different them giving them your card?  I'll keep using mine..

I got a WOW band when I was on the Harmony.  I know they would reprogram them for other sailings, but I had my Muster Station number printed on mine.  When they reprogram, wouldn't that cause confusion with muster stations?   Not that we're that excited to ever have to go to those muster stations.  (Not even during the drill)

4 hours ago, RatedPG said:

I got a WOW band when I was on the Harmony.  I know they would reprogram them for other sailings, but I had my Muster Station number printed on mine.  When they reprogram, wouldn't that cause confusion on muster stations?   Not that we're that excited to ever have to go to those muster stations.  (Not even during the drill)

If you have one with an old muster station, they will replace it with a new one without for no extra charge..  I don't think they put the muster stations on them any more.