This weekend Navigator Update

AGSLC5

I am actually very pleased with the FCC offer.  No fault of their own and a very generous credit.

When I walked around CocoCay last week in my head I imagined the effort it would take to secure the island in the event of a tropical storm and still get the hundreds of employees who live there off the island.  I know they have a plan in place and this week that plan went into effect.   I'd love to be able to see it.  All the work to secure all the things we all take for granted.  Just wow.  

Then when the threat passes they get to put it all back in place, after the employees themselves get back on island.  

While I was so looking forward to another visit and experiencing the water park for the first time, mother nature had other plans.  

Good thing I booked a B2B, currently the 2nd leg is supposed to get there.  However even that is subject to the whims of Mother Nature.  

1 hour ago, twangster said:

I am actually very pleased with the FCC offer.  No fault of their own and a very generous credit.

When I walked around CocoCay last week in my head I imagined the effort it would take to secure the island in the event of a tropical storm and still get the hundreds of employees who live there off the island.  I know they have a plan in place and this week that plan went into effect.   I'd love to be able to see it.  All the work to secure all the things we all take for granted.  Just wow.  

Then when the threat passes they get to put it all back in place, after the employees themselves get back on island.  

While I was so looking forward to another visit and experiencing the water park for the first time, mother nature had other plans.  

Good thing I booked a B2B, currently the 2nd leg is supposed to get there.  However even that is subject to the whims of Mother Nature.  

I thought the same thing as we walked around the compound when we were there in July as well.  All of those overhead shade covers would have to be taken down and then re-installed later....  so much work.

49 minutes ago, ChrisK2793 said:

The storm is now supposed to hit the east coast of Florida, somewhere between Miami and Jacksonville..... most likely Canaveral area...... as at least a category 3 sometime in the very early morning hours on Monday ..... at around 2am or so

The only certainty at this point is that it will likely change destination again before landfall.  This far out even the cone of uncertainty is uncertain.  

Can’t wait for the 1pm update from RCCL. Not sure how they are going to get Mariner back to Port Canaveral and Navigator back to Port Miami on MONDAY 9/2 when a possible CAT 4 hurricane will be somewhere along the eastern FL coast....  I really don’t want to get on this ship at this point.  We are scheduled on Navigator leaving 8/30 out of Miami. 

Just now, CruisingFan305 said:

Ok so just got the email saying they are extending our cruise to 5 days and Cozumel. Or you can opt out and get 100% future cruise fare. Happy now. This is on the Navigator leaving from a Miami Friday 8/30. 

9C2FC80C-9799-45D1-9495-E0DF54E44B0D.png

Got same email.. I wonder what they are doing with the 3 night Symphony sailing