Arcade!

hey!

5 hours ago, hey! said:

Hello! 

My husband and I are sailing on Symphony in a little over two weeks! I was looking on cruise planner at the arcade credits, and I was wondering if anyone knew the prices of games? Is it ridiculous?

On navigator this past weekend they ranged from about 1.50 up to about 3 dollars. 

5017B02D-0058-4F26-B6CB-5A7841DB4696.jpeg

28DB68A4-BEE1-4F65-BAAD-C72CD9928991.jpeg

Be aware that when you purchase the arcade credits they have to turn on the SeaPass card for charging privileges.  This means if you're getting it for a kiddo that you had set up to not have the ability to charge things, the arcade credits will change that.  So the kids don't monitor their play in the arcade they can easily keep spending after the credit is used.  

8 hours ago, AshleyDillo said:

Be aware that when you purchase the arcade credits they have to turn on the SeaPass card for charging privileges.  This means if you're getting it for a kiddo that you had set up to not have the ability to charge things, the arcade credits will change that.  So the kids don't monitor their play in the arcade they can easily keep spending after the credit is used.  

Interesting.  I'm likely going to get the $100 package for £60,. but did not really think how that would actually manifest itself.  So there's a swipe sort of thing for the sea pass to use the games?

3 hours ago, Thom Cruise said:

Interesting.  I'm likely going to get the $100 package for £60,. but did not really think how that would actually manifest itself.  So there's a swipe sort of thing for the sea pass to use the games?

Yes..they use the SeaPass card for the arcade credits instead of doing a separate card system for it.  

I bought arcade credits for my son on the cruise planner prior to the cruise to save some money.  I could add him as the recipient of the credits without turning on spending on his sea pass card.  I also added $10 more on the cruise using my card to pay but his card to add on the credits.  So he was never allowed to add on credits by himself. 

1 hour ago, MelissaM said:

I bought arcade credits for my son on the cruise planner prior to the cruise to save some money.  I could add him as the recipient of the credits without turning on spending on his sea pass card.  I also added $10 more on the cruise using my card to pay but his card to add on the credits.  So he was never allowed to add on credits by himself. 

I've had the same experience.  I can pre purchase arcade credits and not allow spending on the sea pass card.  In fact, this is the only way to purchase a set amount again.  When they run out of credits and you've allow charging, you can't add another $20 but it allows them to pay per game, which can get very expensive.  It has taken many cruises to finally figure this out.

Symphony arcade and playmakers games were very good but at $2 a game, my child can finish off $50 in credit in 15 minutes.  Lesson learned.  Symphony's system only allowed $50 in spending a day.  Navigator's arcade was horrible.  My kids didn't even use all the credit.