Independence of the Seas post renovation crowds

Gabriel

Hi, im going on Indy on November, im a little worried because I've seen many reviews and comments from what i think are seasoned cruisers that are saying that Indy is too crowded after the addition of new cabins on the latest renovation. 

Can anyone comment on that? Thanks!!!

I have traveled on Indy both pre and post renovations.  

In the overall scope very few additional passengers were added as a percentage of existing guest count.

Long before they finished the renovations there were protagonists offering their projections of doom.  As this spread on social media many people became fixated on it.  Boarding with the intent to find this "problem" many people found evidence of what they had convinced themselves they would find.  Meanwhile Liberty, a sister ship had received the same cabin additions nearly two years prior and has been sailing without any such complaints.  

I found no such evidence during my port-renovation cruise.  All ships will seem busy at time such as immediately after muster drill.  At times all ships have waits or lines for popular items.  For some this is evidence that the ship is now overcrowded.  For me it's the same experience I have on all ships at some point in time.  

1 hour ago, twangster said:

In the overall scope very few additional passengers were added as a percentage of existing guest count.

Long before they finished the renovations there were protagonists offering their projections of doom.  As this spread on social media many people became fixated on it.  Boarding with the intent to find this "problem" many people found evidence of what they had convinced themselves they would find.  Meanwhile Liberty, a sister ship had received the same cabin additions nearly two years prior and has been sailing without any such complaints.  

I found no such evidence during my port-renovation cruise.  All ships will seem busy at time such as immediately after muster drill.  At times all ships have waits or lines for popular items.  For some this is evidence that the ship is now overcrowded.  For me it's the same experience I have on all ships at some point in time.  

Thanks! That is why i like this forum guys! first hand information from serious people. No worries then, just going to enjoy my cruise! its been so long since my last one that i cant wait to go on board. 

1 hour ago, twangster said:

Thanks so much! im glad to have things clear now! with that much information out there is easy to get confused. Thank god we have reliable information here! cant wait to get on board!

The only thing that made me upset on Indy is the fact I went to Ben & Jerry's for a B-split and was told they didn't have the ingredients.  So off I went to the jammer to find bananas and ice cream up there, but no whipped cream...I should have went back down to B&J's and asked for the whipped cream behind the counter and finished my split off in front of them. ?