South Beach Update?

1 hour ago, WesKinetic said:

I'm really curious about this myself. They just posted the prices for my cruise next spring and South Beach cabanas are showing as $399, compared to $899 for Chill Island or Oasis Lagoon. Haven't visited yet, but I'm trying to imagine what would justify a $500 difference. 

Chill Island cabanas are very....chill, lol.? South Beach, too. They're both beachfront. I've experienced both and the only significant difference to me was the food options. Oasis Lagoon is more of an upbeat area with music playing. My previous visits to Cococay were more on the relaxing side, so if the new South Beach is kind of the same as before, I may consider canceling and instead experience a cabana at Oasis Lagoon.? Hopefully we'll see more updates soon. ?

• 11 months later...
On 8/28/2019 at 9:28 PM, celiabeth1422 said:

Chill Island cabanas are very....chill, lol.? South Beach, too. They're both beachfront. I've experienced both and the only significant difference to me was the food options. Oasis Lagoon is more of an upbeat area with music playing. My previous visits to Cococay were more on the relaxing side, so if the new South Beach is kind of the same as before, I may consider canceling and instead experience a cabana at Oasis Lagoon.? Hopefully we'll see more updates soon. ?

Do you recall what the food option differences are? I am considering a south beach cabana and can’t find much info about it  thanks!

I believe the South Beach cabanas have a separate place to eat and the food is an upgraded menu from the food options everyone else can enjoy while on CocoCay.  I remember seeing steak and perhaps lobster offered.  This only applies to South Beach cabanas...but please correct me if I am wrong!  

3 hours ago, PPPJJ-GCVAB said:

I believe the South Beach cabanas have a separate place to eat and the food is an upgraded menu from the food options everyone else can enjoy while on CocoCay.  I remember seeing steak and perhaps lobster offered.  This only applies to South Beach cabanas...but please correct me if I am wrong!  

This is only for the Coco Beach Club. South Beach area and its cabanas have the Snack Shack and it's not a terrible walk to Chill Grill.