Fort Lauderdale lodging?

mworkman

1 minute ago, mworkman said:

What is going on down there the second week of Jan. 2020?  Lodging has gone crazy with pricing...

Holliday Inn Express on 17th $297.35

Embassy Suites on 17th $309

Renaissance on 17th $273

Those are cheaper than the March 2020 pricing that I am looking at for those exact same properties.

2 hours ago, mworkman said:

What is going on down there the second week of Jan. 2020?  Lodging has gone crazy with pricing...

Renaissance on 17th $273

Might I offer one alternative that we do - don't stay near the port. We like to fly in the day before, rent a car at the airport, have the ability to stay and go anywhere in the metro area that day (and eat anywhere) with said rental car, then drop it at the port the next morning. Even with the (usually cheap) one day rental car + gas, we often come out ahead by having access to often cheaper hotels and restaurants away from the port area.

Just something to look in to and budget, especially if you already think you may be using Uber/Lyft/Taxi in any capacity whilst there. We've done Alamo and they have a free shuttle that allows you to drop the car at port and head to the ship.

4 hours ago, mworkman said:

Renaissance on 17th $273

That seems about right for the “in season” pricing down here. It’s basically 3x rate increase during the tourist season. Check Dania Pointe (Dania beach area) and you might find some better rates. 

• 1 month later...

Look into an Airbnb! We are cruising in Feb 2020 out of Port Everglades and found a perfect, small, no fuss, no bells and whistles apartment, only 5 min away from the port. We ended up paying only $90! Far less than any of the hotels I was seeing. We didn't need anything fancy, just somewhere to lay our heads the night before we leave. 

I use to live in the Fort Lauderdale area (for 25 years). Everything near the port, near the beach or on 17th Street Causeway is expensive. Really anything east of US 1 will cost you a pretty penny, that includes Los Olas. If you want to lessen the cost, I'd look west young man! For me I'd look somewhere near the Sawgrass Expressway. You can jump on 595 straight into the port.

We stayed at a cute little place in Sept 2017 that was one of the few with power after the hurricanes went through the area.  I should say they had power some of the time, it went in and out during our brief stay there.  Totally out of their control.  But they were very kind, tried to make sure all was perfect, and we would stay there again in a heartbeat.  It's not a huge chain hotel, but was beautifully kept, had an adorable courtyard, and was close to Las Olas.

Not sure of your exact dates or room preference, but I put in Jan 14 to Jan 17 and got $155 and $175 a night, depending on room

https://www.oasishotelftl.com/