First time cruising, what do I bring????

Going on a cruise for my first time in September (Anthem of the seas leaving cape liberty 9/21 going to Bermuda for 5 nights) anyone else going on the same cruise???:11_blush: I am a nervous wreck thinking Im bounddd to forget something, any little things I might not have on my list that people could recommend to bring?? Thanks in advance!

Welcome! I'll be sailing same cruise with a bunch of friends!

It's a great cruise and Bermuda is our favorite island, you'll love it. I'd recommend listening to Matt's Podcast and more importantly watch a bunch of his YouTube videos, it'll really help you prepare.

Here's one to start:

Welcome! First off, relax. That is the opposite of what cruising is for. We are all here to help.

If you do a search in the message boards using terms like "packing" and such, you'll find plenty of advise.

The attached link is a bit old, but, many of the replies  give plenty of tips on things to bring.

6 hours ago, devynrosee said:

Going on a cruise for my first time in September (Anthem of the seas leaving cape liberty 9/21 going to Bermuda for 5 nights) anyone else going on the same cruise???:11_blush: I am a nervous wreck thinking Im bounddd to forget something, any little things I might not have on my list that people could recommend to bring?? Thanks in advance!

Hey we are the same cruise! You are gonna LOVE Anthem, its our second cruise on her. She is beautiful, HUGE and has so much cool technology. Two 70 at the back of the ship is one of coolest rooms/part of a ship on the ocean. Don't forget phone chargers or Kindle/iPad chargers if you plan to bring that kind of stuff. Oh we always bring air fresheners for the room. I know that's a weird small thing but we like to have one for the room/bathroom.

The Port is very efficient, last time we sailed on Anthem we were on the ship in less than 30 minutes from arrival at the port. 

Just now, RCIfan1912 said:

Hey we are the same cruise! You are gonna LOVE Anthem, its our second cruise on her. She is beautiful, HUGE and has so much cool technology. Two 70 at the back of the ship is one of coolest rooms/part of a ship on the ocean. Don't forget phone chargers or Kindle/iPad chargers if you plan to bring that kind of stuff. Oh we always bring air fresheners for the room. I know that's a weird small thing but we like to have one for the room/bathroom.

The Port is very efficient, last time we sailed on Anthem we were on the ship in less than 30 minutes from arrival at the port. 

10 hours ago, devynrosee said:

Not sure if it is Matt's video, but a yellow highlighter is good to mark up your Cruise Compass, although the electronic 'smart boards" are very handy.  I don't know what Bermuda snorkeling rules are, but some places require environmentally-sensitive sunscreen if you go into the water.  That is different from what you see at the store.  The conventional stuff is fine for sunbathing.