Wine in suitcase

They will likely take your suitcase aside and put it on Deck 1 in whats referred to as the Naughty Room.  Your suitcase will not show up to your room, you will wait and wait and wait and finally you will call guest services where they will tell you to go down to deck 1.  You will then wait in a potentially long line of others who did the same while security opens up each suitcase and verifies its really wine.  Could be a lousy start to your vacation.

6 minutes ago, mxstanl said:

I am told by the agent that booked our cruise you can take up to 2 bottles of wine per 21 year old and above in your carry on bag to the ship. 

You absolutely can (750ml bottles). But RCCL asks you to place them in your carry on luggage so they can be checked out at security. If you place them in your checked bags then it throws off their suitcase game ?

1 hour ago, Ala_Paul said:

You absolutely can (750ml bottles). But RCCL asks you to place them in your carry on luggage so they can be checked out at security. If you place them in your checked bags then it throws off their suitcase game ?

That's correct - we had three rooms booked and we were able to bring 6 bottles of wine in our carry-on luggage and we had no problem.  Definitely worth doing if you can.

6 minutes ago, skeetere1973 said:

I can handle going to the "naughty room" but will I get the wine back?  It is wine so I am not worried about it otherwise.  Thanks!

Yes, you will get it back once they see it is wine.  However, you won't have access until any of the other items in your suitcase until you go down to security to retrieve your bag.  

If you truly plan to do that, I would strongly recommend getting some kind of sealable heavy plastic bag to put the bottles in. Porters aren’t known for being gentle with suitcases, and you’ll have no idea how many other bags might be piled on top of yours before it finally makes its way through internal security and over to the naughty room. If you don’t take that precaution and one of the bottles breaks, you could have a lot worse than a trip to the naughty room messing up your vacation.

Two bottles of wine isn’t that heavy. You sure you’d rather not just throw them in a small carry-on backpack?