Refreshment Package

BigBrust

The soda cups only work at the Coca-Cola Freestyle machines.   Soda cups are intended for use by the person who purchased the package.  Royal's policy is that packages can't be shared.

Can you go fill up her soda cup for her at a Coca-Cola Freestyle machine?  Yes, there's really no way to prevent that.

Just now, videjuca said:

Do you have to use the souvenir cup if you want to drink coke on windjammer or while dinning in a restaurant?

Thanks.

No.  Your drink package is coded onto your SeaPass card.  If you want to order a soda at dinner you will give them your SeaPass and they will bring you a glass of soda.

On ‎2019‎/‎08‎/‎26 at 8:30 AM, BigBrust said:

It might be a weird question- but if I order the Refreshment Package for my wife, would I be able to use her soda cup?  She doesn't drink soda, and I don't drink coffee, so I was wondering if this will work. Thanks in advance

You are supposed to buy your own soda package, its super cheap. I do the same thing since I don't drink coffee and use soda to get my caffeine fix.

In people's opinion, is the refreshment package a much superior thing, coffee-wise, to the free coffee on board?

I think I want this package, and in my head, I can go anywhere on the ship at any bar or restaurant (Except Starbucks) and get any coffee off the menu, for free, with this pass.  Is this correct?

2 hours ago, Thom Cruise said:

In people's opinion, is the refreshment package a much superior thing, coffee-wise, to the free coffee on board?

I think I want this package, and in my head, I can go anywhere on the ship at any bar or restaurant (Except Starbucks) and get any coffee off the menu, for free, with this pass.  Is this correct?

Honestly, the coffee on the ships I’ve been on has always tasted horrible and/or burnt to me ...... I keep trying hoping I’ll get one that tastes good and they always end up in the trash ..... I can’t drink it on a cruise and I drink 3 or 4 cups a day at home.  Even at Starbucks on the ships I’ve only liked the iced coffee.  We always get the deluxe beverage package, so I have tried pretty much all the coffees that come with the refreshment package.  Maybe I’m just weird??

But, YES, with the refreshment package you can get any coffee on the ship for free, except for at Starbucks you still have to pay. Even with the deluxe beverage package, Starbucks is still an extra cost.

4 hours ago, Thom Cruise said:

I'm not sure they have regular coffee at the specialty coffee places.  The specialty coffee is all espresso-based drinks, frappes, and chai.  They don't have drip coffee on the menus that I have seen. The Refreshment package will cover all of the specialty coffee drinks as well as cappuccinos and espresso offerings in the main dining room and specialty dining restaurants.  The espresso brand will either be Seattle's Best, Illy, or Starbucks depending on which ship.  Cafe Bustelo is the brand on Empress.

How much is a run-of-the-mill Americano at Starbucks on board a ship?

it's really hard to make an informed decision about package deals without having any idea of the typical on-board prices for food or drink.  That's been a learning curve, there's lots of information out there but it's all over the place, it's almost as if I'm asking a stupid question?

6 minutes ago, Thom Cruise said:

it's really hard to make an informed decision about package deals without having any idea of the typical on-board prices for food or drink.  That's been a learning curve, there's lots of information out there but it's all over the place, it's almost as if I'm asking a stupid question?

Starbucks is not included in any drink package or the coffee card.  I am not sure of the pricing, unfortunately, since I haven't made purchases there on the ships.

There is a coffee shop (NOT Starbucks) onboard that you can purchase a variety of expresso drinks at such as a mocha, vanilla latte, americano, etc but also not sure of their prices but believe they are cheaper than Starbucks and are included in the coffee card, refreshment, and deluxe beverage packages.

17 minutes ago, Thom Cruise said:

Which ship?

Here is a typical cafe menu on a ship with no Starbucks.

VusYzXf.jpg

Here is a typical Starbucks menu on ships that have them.

Uu29irc.jpg

hLCRm4i.jpg

On 8/26/2019 at 11:30 AM, BigBrust said:

It might be a weird question- but if I order the Refreshment Package for my wife, would I be able to use her soda cup?  She doesn't drink soda, and I don't drink coffee, so I was wondering if this will work. Thanks in advance

The "correct" answer is that you need to pay for your own drinks, not use your wife's cup.  So if you want about 3 sodas per day, buy the soda package on line-- as per @Vancity Cruiser .  For my cruise, it's been about $9 per day.   It comes in handy when you stay up late and want a drink to hold your table at a dancing venue....My son used to order a Shirley Temple during the shows when he was younger, so there is that.

Having said that, I sometimes take a sip or two from my wife's soda just to refresh myself...I go for the coffee card, myself.

26 minutes ago, MistiSweigart said:

Does anyone buy this package just to be able to get unlimited 16.9 oz bottles of water a day?

And a few non alcoholic cocktails?

I don't drink soda or alcohol hardly ever and I just want bottles of water. and a few virgin Pina Coladas

I do.  A regular bottle of water on Royal is $3.00. I go through tons of water a day.  I get my value in bottled water alone.  Add to that a few specialty coffees, fresh juices, and smoothies (on Oasis class ships) and the refreshment package is a no-brainer for me.

On 8/28/2019 at 5:51 AM, Thom Cruise said:

I always get the refreshment package.  The coffee is much superior to the free stuff.  You can get an Americano coffee at all of the specialty places, they just don’t put it on the menu.  I especially love to have a cappuccino with dessert in the main dining room.