Holiday cruise with Kids

CyclingVa

I have never done a cruise on a ship for the holidays but have traveled with small kids over the holidays in the past.  What we chose to do was bring a gift (or two) from Santa and a note from Santa indicating that he dropped the rest at home so that they could enjoy them upon their return.  My kids loved it as they felt it was like having Christmas twice.

D

5 hours ago, CyclingVa said:

So I was wonder how things work with holiday cruises with young  children.  Are you able to bring gifts on board? Do you just pack an extra suitcase or 2 for toys and gifts?  I know my 5 year old will be disappointed if Santa doesnt show up on ship.

The two times we did a Christmas cruise with our son, Royal actually gave kids a gift.  Not sure if they are still doing that, but at the time the cutoff was age 18.  We also decided to buy gifts on the ship -- we each drew a name.   By the way, we saw Santa on the ship!

On 8/26/2019 at 12:31 PM, DMLM said:

I have never done a cruise on a ship for the holidays but have traveled with small kids over the holidays in the past.  What we chose to do was bring a gift (or two) from Santa and a note from Santa indicating that he dropped the rest at home so that they could enjoy them upon their return.  My kids loved it as they felt it was like having Christmas twice.

D

Our kids were a little older when we did our first Xmas cruise and that was their present.  In fact being a year or 2 past the Santa stage, I said to them, I can buy a little bit of junk or you can go on this awsome cruise over Xmas, the response was overwhelming.

But I like @DMLM suggestion, a few thing and the rest at home.  It's like with one of our grand-kids that has Xmas day with us every other year, his cousins know they get 2 Christmas's that year