Flight Home

sles

So my first time cruising and just trying to figure out plans for getting home. We will be on Anthem in Feb. 

What time would you suggest for making flights home? I am just not sure how the disembarking works. I don't want to be rushed in order to make the flight, but I also don't want to be sitting around the airport for half the day on purpose.

4 minutes ago, sles said:

So my first time cruising and just trying to figure out plans for getting home. We will be on Anthem in Feb. 

What time would you suggest for making flights home? I am just not sure how the disembarking works. I don't want to be rushed in order to make the flight, but I also don't want to be sitting around the airport for half the day on purpose.

If you're not opposed to carrying your own luggage off the ship, you can disembark as soon as the ship is cleared. If you do this, you can catch an earlier flight, if that works for you.

2 hours ago, Hagar said:

Also which airport? EWR is a piece of cake on the weekends and is the one I always use for Anthem.

That is the thing I am trying to figure out. My original plan was to fly the family in a couple days early to EWR on Southwest, stay at a hotel around Jersey City and do some touristy stuff in Manhattan before the cruise.

With Southwest pulling out of EWR I am VERY torn on if I should keep that plan and just pay more to fly United and keep the plan, OR still fly Southwest into LGA and stay in Manhattan. I know that adds some expensive transfers and a much longer trip from ship to airport on departure though.

21 hours ago, sles said:

That is the thing I am trying to figure out. My original plan was to fly the family in a couple days early to EWR on Southwest, stay at a hotel around Jersey City and do some touristy stuff in Manhattan before the cruise.

With Southwest pulling out of EWR I am VERY torn on if I should keep that plan and just pay more to fly United and keep the plan, OR still fly Southwest into LGA and stay in Manhattan. I know that adds some expensive transfers and a much longer trip from ship to airport on departure though.

Definitely a priority of time versus money. LaGuardia is a mess right now...a true mess. You couldn't pay me to fly out of it. I have a friend that lives what is usually 15 minutes from LGA, and she's currently avoiding it at all cost in lieu of JFK or even EWR. And good on you to factor in ALL expenses, not just flight related, when making the decision...too many people ignore that.