Three Night Dining Package

Baked Alaska

1 hour ago, Baked Alaska said:

As Crown Loft Suite guests (Oasis March 2020), we are planning on eating most of our dinners at Coastal Kitchen. I am considering the 3 Night Dining Package for two nights and hoping to use it for one lunch at Izumi. Does anyone have any experience with this sort of attempt?

Since you get a $35 credit for Izumi, I don't see why it would make a difference if you used it for lunch vs dinner. Not a personal experience, just an opinion.

You can dine at the same restaurant 3 times if you want to.  You can`t make reservations until you are on board.  That is why some of us stress to get to the port by 10 a.m.  As soon as we board we make our specialty reservations.  Also you have to do a specialty restaurant the first night.   Otherwise Bon Appetit.  

10 hours ago, Vancity Cruiser said:

How flexible are reservations with the 3 night dining package? and does it have to be used in 3 different restaurants?

As long as you use one of your nights on day 1 or 2 it’s very flexible. You can sometimes get an exception even from that rule.  You can eat in any of the eligible restaurants or you can eat at the same one all 3 nights.  Whatever you want to do.

Did the same thing on Allure even though the Unlimited Dining was only another $51.00 from the $99.00 for the 3 day. If there was Playmakers I would have just got the Unlimited but instead got the 3-day plan and used it at Chops twice & Central Park. If you want to eat Hibachi I think you have to get the Unlimited as the 3-day plan still has the exclusion in the fine print.

28 minutes ago, Miller Lite said:

Did the same thing on Allure even though the Unlimited Dining was only another $51.00 from the $99.00 for the 3 day. If there was Playmakers I would have just got the Unlimited but instead got the 3-day plan and used it at Chops twice & Central Park. If you want to eat Hibachi I think you have to get the Unlimited as the 3-day plan still has the exclusion in the fine print.

I'm pretty sure that the unlimited plan also has the exclusion for the hibachi.

15 minutes ago, Baked Alaska said:

If you read the "Overview" of both the Unlimited Package and 3-day Package, the Unlimited Package has the absence of the disclaimer "Not valid for premium experiences including: Chef's Table, Wine Pairings Dinners, Izumi Hibachi Experience and Mystery Dinner Theater." 

I have personally used the Unlimited Package for Hibachi on Mariner and Harmony of the Seas. With that being said, there is still a gray area on which ships might allow it as the people that pay the full price have priority.

6 hours ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

As long as you use one of your nights on day 1 or 2 it’s very flexible. You can sometimes get an exception even from that rule.  You can eat in any of the eligible restaurants or you can eat at the same one all 3 nights.  Whatever you want to do.

How about times? say you make a reservation on the 3rd night for 7PM but when the compass comes out you realize there is a show at 7:30 that night you want to watch. Would you be able to change your reservation time? or cancel and make a reservation for the following night?

1 hour ago, Vancity Cruiser said:

Would you be able to change your reservation time? or cancel and make a reservation for the following night?

As far as changing times, absolutely you can reschedule your reservation for another time, assuming there is availability. As far as changing days, the rule states that you have to use one of those meals on either the first or second night so there could be an issue with changing nights. In reality, they are probably unlikely to give you a hard time about changing dates unless the restaurants are really booked up.  They want you to good experience so unless there is a real reason to be strict about day 1 and 2, they would probably permit it. I’ve read of many people who have been allowed to slip their BOGO reservations past days 1 and 2. 

7 hours ago, Baked Alaska said:

No.  Izumi Hibachi is specifically included with the unlimited dining package.  From their FAQs:

Q

What restaurants are included in the Unlimited Dining Package?

A

The following restaurants are included in the Unlimited Dining Package. Please not that restaurants vary by ship and are subject to availability.

Package does not include premium experiences such as Chefs Table, Mystery Theater Dinner, Wine Pairing Menus and up charges for special food selections.

LEARN MORE

Decision made! We have decided to ditch the three-night package. We are going to eat at CK for all but 3 nights,. We are planning to eat at Giovanni's once and Izumi twice. When we've eaten at Izumi in the past, we could not eat our combined allowance's worth in our dining package. So, unless it goes further onsale, which I doubt it will, we will just pay as we go.

On 8/27/2019 at 9:47 AM, fonemanbob said:

You can dine at the same restaurant 3 times if you want to.  You can`t make reservations until you are on board.  That is why some of us stress to get to the port by 10 a.m.  As soon as we board we make our specialty reservations.  Also you have to do a specialty restaurant the first night.   Otherwise Bon Appetit.  

Since she’s in a Crown Loft Suite, isn’t she allowed to ask her concierge to make ALL her UDP specialty restaurant reservations when she receives the email from them a week before the cruise?  

We’ll be on our first cruise in a full suite in a few weeks and that is what I was told about reservations for UDP when you’re in a Grand Suite and above.

20 minutes ago, ChrisK2793 said:

Since she’s in a Crown Loft Suite, isn’t she allowed to ask her concierge to make ALL her UDP specialty restaurant reservations when she receives the email from them a week before the cruise?  

We’ll be on our first cruise in a full suite in a few weeks and that is what I was told about reservations for UDP when you’re in a Grand Suite and above.

Yes, if I had any dining package, I could make reservations through my concierge via email. However, it's a moot point now since I am not taking a dining package.

For our Allure cruise in December, we are considering the Chops+1 package, and pre-booking Sabor as well (3rd specialty, wife wants to try it). Seems we save a few euros compared to the 3-night package, and we are guaranteed Chops on one of the first two nights plus we can pick the time for Sabor. Travelling in JS so no genie etc. Am I missing something here?

• 3 weeks later...

I purchased the 3 night package today.  It gave me the option to pick first or second night and what time and what restaurant. I was very surprised as this goes against all I have been reading.  I decided to purchase it now at $99 in case they raise the price after the amp up on the Oasis.