My Time Dining seating

Clay Purvis

Cruising in November on Enchantment. We have nightly my time dining reservations.  Only my second RCC cruise and we didn't do my time for some reason last time.  Anyway, my question is will we be at a table ourselves (family of 4) or will they still seat us at a group table of people who made the same time reservation as us? I don't really care either way, just curious how this works. Also, is there any benefit to showing up a little early before your reservation, or no?

For My Time, I believe they only seat you with your own party. If you show up early before your reservation they may not have any tables available to seat you and you will have to wait. Its just like any typical restaurant with reservations - if they can accommodate you they will but you may have to wait if its busy.

13 hours ago, Clay Purvis said:

Cruising in November on Enchantment. We have nightly my time dining reservations.  Only my second RCC cruise and we didn't do my time for some reason last time.  Anyway, my question is will we be at a table ourselves (family of 4) or will they still seat us at a group table of people who made the same time reservation as us? I don't really care either way, just curious how this works. Also, is there any benefit to showing up a little early before your reservation, or no?

Our My Time Dining experience was the same as @bokx2 and @MDIAZ72 .  Have a great cruise!

On our last cruise we walked up for MTD without a reservation at a peak time. They told us there would be a wait or we could sit at a table with another couple. We chose to sit with the couple, and they had already started their appetizers when we were seated. We never did sync up our courses, and they finished and left before we got our desserts. 

We had a set time for MTD. Got the same table for 2 every night we ate in the MDR. If you show up earlier or later than your reserved time, you will just be seated when a table is ready, just like in a regular restaurant. You might also have to wait if you want a specific table.