Cruise this weekend from Miami to Nassau & Perfect Day at Coco Cay - HURRICANE DORIAN

arabucki

On ‎8‎/‎27‎/‎2019 at 9:40 PM, CruisingFan305 said:

Just got this. We are on Navigator sailing Friday. 

C17F5202-475A-417A-84DE-6601F6607DDE.jpeg

CoCoCay is now in the path of Dorian projected winds 124. Its going to destroy that place. I bet allot more changes will be coming as the storm strengthens. Be careful out there!

I got the emails for my reservation and all extra booked things like my excursions. I’ve checked my junk mail and talked to them on the phone several times to make sure they have the correct email which they do. Still no email and the ship sails today!!! This is unacceptable!!!! 

17 minutes ago, Pro24 said:

CoCoCay is now in the path of Dorian projected winds 124. Its going to destroy that place. I bet allot more changes will be coming as the storm strengthens. Be careful out there!

I can't imagine they would have built the island without the foresight of there being hurricanes though. We've had at least 1-2 every year for the past few years. I'm sure they have some kind of protocol...or maybe it's my wishful thinking since we're supposed to be there on the 7th!

1 minute ago, romanticheart said:

I can't imagine they would have built the island without the foresight of there being hurricanes though. We've had at least 1-2 every year for the past few years. I'm sure they have some kind of protocol...or maybe it's my wishful thinking since we're supposed to be there on the 7th!

A Cat 1 or 2 yes. Cat 4 or 5 no. When a storm hits an Island at 125mph for 24hrs or more its devastating. I pray for Grand Bahama & the adjoining Islands. Best we can hope for is a jog north. But its not looking that way. Then Florida. Stay informed.

If you're on a Oasis Class Ship you'll be fine....They are built to withstand a Hurricane.  Not saying I would want to be on one during a Cat4 Hurricane.  

On a serious note.  It looks like the ships departing from Florida this weekend will be able to leave in time to get behind the storm.  

2 hours ago, skittlesj20 said:

I’m wondering how Royal Caribbean thinks it’s acceptable to shorten a 4 day cruise to basically 1 day. I got an email late last night that Mariner leaving on 9/2 will now leave 9/4 at 9PM, head to CocoCay and return the following morning. I mean are they serious? I’m not flying down to FL for that and will do everything I can to try to get a refund. 

There's a giant hurricane that is going to sit on top of Florida for three days. If that's not the definition of extenuating circumstances, I'm not sure what is.

I can’t imagine the company making such a huge infrastructure investment without taking into consideration the high probability of a direct hit by a major hurricane. In the event of a direct, or indirect, hit...I’m sure many of the structures will sustain damage...as will many of the areas susceptible to the tidal surges accompanying the storm. There is plenty of historical data to guide their storm damage assessment and recovery planning. The island has been transformed into a very popular and hugely successful money-making project and they will work quickly to bring it back to full operating status as soon as possible. We just need to keep in mind the local Bahamians who do the work on the island and hope that they, and their families, remain safe and secure.

On 8/28/2019 at 2:33 PM, Matt said:

You are mistaken. Hindsight is 20/20 and to blame Royal Caribbean in any way for not being able to predict future weather with 100% preciseness is plain silly. Frankly, you're being extremely unrealistic.

We were just on mon-fri Navigator cruise and had Coco Cay stop cancelled.  Royal was very apologetic but explained they needed to keep the workers there safe and evacuate.  We got a letter the next day in our stateroom that stated that excursions would be refunded (which was expected) but they also gave 25%of the cruise cost for FCC.  We were disappointed missing the stop, and I know it's nothing compared to others who have full cruises affected, but we were really impressed with how Royal handled the missed stop... especially as mother nature is not their fault or control.

Matt, very sorry that you ended up having to cancel your cruise. I hope damage to the areas is minimal and everyone stays safe