Labadee Bungalow

Fawnd89

Hello first time cruiser here so forgive me if this is common knowledge. My family and I (6 adults and a 9 year old and 1 year old) are traveling on the Adventure of the Seas in August 2020 and our itinerary includes a stop at Labadee. I was looking into a bungalow rental for our day there, as a shaded home base for the kids and the older adults in our group. However the bungalows are showing sold out on the cruise planner. Are all the bungalows made available on the cruise planner or do they save some for on board reservation? Any suggestions on what I can do to try to get one or if the cabana is worth the extra money?

Thanks a bunch in advance!

They don’t (to the best of my knowledge) generally keep any back. However, it is not uncommon for people to book one “just in case” and then change their minds and cancel at the last minute. So I would definitely head to the shore excursion desk on the first day of your cruise and see if there are any available. Good luck!

The same thing happened to me! I thought why not speak to someone at Royal & when I did she had availability. It wasn't in the original area I was looking but also being a first time cruiser I took it. The price at that time was not crazy either, I changed cabins this way also. It showed the pic but zero availability, I called and it was in fact available. I think maybe the computers don't keep up with frequent changes, it's worth a try right? Good Luck and enjoy!

Is the cabana worth the extra money is so subjective. My first time doing anything new is filled with trepidation. We are on the Harmony with so many people and an unfamiliar experience, so having a cabana the first time out will be relaxing to me.  Knowing my family who are all very fair skin will definitely have protection as well as somewhere to lock valuables is comforting to me. This purchase will allow me to have a home base and then explore to get familiar, once I feel comfort I doubt I will ever need one again. We did this at DCL Castaway, now we sit back and watch as people stress & fight in order to pay an exorbitant amount of money for a wood shack on the puddle part of the beach. Loved having it the first time out, really loved never having it again. Smile, your going on a cruise!!

We did a cabana in December for our group of 7 and loved it.  It gave us a base and shade plus floating mats.  This time around we booked a bungalow because of the cost.  I like a quick nap and some shade.  I would never pay the price if it was just hubby and I.  Keep watching your cruise planner as well as calling you might get one.

And they come with cold water and an attendant which is so nice.

• 2 weeks later...

I need help with this too!  We will be in Labadee next summer (6 of us).  So what is the difference in the ones offered and the locations?   

Beach Cabana at nellies beach?  Also one offered Beach Front for nellies beach?   Either better?

OR

Beach Bungalow at columbus cove?

We've never been to Labadee so we have no reference to where these are located.

Would love anyones insight.

Thank you!

@RobinL

I've only booked the beach bungalows at Columbus Cove.  We love the location and the soft sandy beach. It is close to the buffet.   In addition, the attendants keep the bungalow area private.  I have kids so I look for a nice sandy beach

Columbus cove is slightly further than Nellie's beach.  You can see some of Nellie's beach cabanas from Columbus Cove.  Which is better is subjective.  Some love the Nellie's beach cabanas but to me they aren't worth double the price of a bungalow.  Now if money is no object and I didn't have my kids, then I'd try for an over water cabana.   

We did a beach bungalow in Columbus when we were on Anthem in July - and it was the best money I've ever spent for a beach day.   We had 4 kids (ages 8, 9, 10, 11), four parents and two grandparents.  We were technically over the # of people allowed - but the kids were always out in the water or on the beach and for the most part it was the grandparents chilling in the bungalow (and the attendants didn't mind after we slid them an extra tip).   The beach is amazing.  There is a tonne of sun and shade, depending on your preference.  My son was snorkeling along the boulders at the far end of the beach and was loving watching the fish (few, but he was happy to see anything).  The bungalows are close to bathrooms and the buffet.  Attendants were awesome.   I didn't think the floating mats would really be used - but they were amazing and the kids had a blast inventing various games with them.  Many sandcastles were also built.  

It was literally the perfect beach day of doing nothing but chilling out and hanging together.  Keeping the grandparents out of the sun is a huge priority and they were thrilled with the bungalow - and the kids couldn't have been happier with the easy access to the water and the beach.

I can't speak to the cabanas - but we never once wished we had booked somewhere else at Labadee.