A noobs view from on board

Nikkoo

Hi guys,

We have been on Explorer for a week now, just starting day 8! I thought I’d give you my point of view on some stuff coming from a very first time cruiser and somebody who swore by all inclusive holidays on land. 

Its good. Very good in fact. 

The food is the best we have ever had on holiday. We went to Chops last night and it was easily the best meal we have ever had whilst on holiday. Even in windjammer I find the food to be a step or two above all inclusive buffets on land. 

The drink... wow. I’m not a big drinker but we have loved having a drink on board. The staff in the Crown and Kettle, Errol and Nower, are great. The live music in the most night is cool too. 

The entertainment is also several steps ahead of land based resorts. We usually go to the first half of one, realise it’s crap and never bother again! This last week has been really good every night. Not sure tonight’s ballroom and latin dance is for us but I’m sure it will be top quality. 

Everything everywhere is clean and tidy. I suppose as you’re mostly out at sea that’s why there are no flies, ants or other bugs, which is another plus point!

The staff everywhere can’t do enough for you, they are so so helpful. Eric our stateroom attendant is also amazingly helpful ?

A few negatives? The surf and stream WiFi is pants. We are in Marseille today but with it being a Sunday most of everything is closed apparently so we stayed in the boat.  The drinks are expensive and we have zero issue hitting the break even point of the package. 

We have booked 1 more cruise already and looking at 2 more. We are hooked!!

Welcome, glad you're enjoying your first cruise experience and find it a step above all-inclusive resorts. Some resort people, even after cruising will still talk about resorts as being a better value.

I agree, drinks are expensive and it definitely adds a lot to the bottom line of a vacation budget, but I'm okay with that personally. I only have a small sample size, but found all-inclusive to have limited drinks and not the wide range cruise lines offer. Like the old saying goes, you get what you pay for! ...

Again, welcome and thanks for your input! 

Thanks for the perspective.

Sailing explorer in Nov once she is back on Caribbean duty.  Have bought the Key as had good things said about the wifi?  Was going to buy just the wifi but then there was a sale that included it on They Key.

And have the drinks package so wont be hurt by the price on board.  Will keep every receipt so i know if to buy package next time or not.

I assume now all 3 boys are educated to university level and above and fledged the nest i may be able to get back to cruising?  We can but hope.