Retired Ships

Many of these ship are still about just under different companies....Legend and Splendor are part of Marella Cruises (Royal has a big share in that company) Sovereign and Monarch are part of Pullmantur Cruises (Royal has a big share in them too) I guess it makes sense to keep the good ships in the family.

On Pullmantur they even have the same linens as Royal use to have...at least they did last time we sailed them.

5 minutes ago, bokx2 said:

My first cruise was on Legend of the Seas

Ours too, it was Mediterranean B 7 night cruise in 1999....wow those were the days.....cherries jubilee, flaming baked Alaska, self serve ice cream from a cart....5 course dinner....ah the good ol days...chocolates on the pillow...

I still have not paid more than what we paid for our first cruise for a 7 day cruise to date....

Our first was on Monarch and the DW and I went back on her just before they moved her to Pullmantur.  We loved that ship and we saw her when we were in Europe.  We have also been on Legend and that was good as well.    I guess the ships help make it sentimental but the experience makes the memory.