Any suggestions or tips for Coastal Kitchen on Allure

viga

19 minutes ago, Hoski said:

Don't go on lobster night, go to main dining room that night.  We made this mistake on the Allure in May.  The lobster was not good there.

4 minutes ago, viga said:

Thank you Hoski, That was one of the recommendations I was looking for

I would have agreed up until I went on Symphony. The lobster in CK on Symphony was fantastic!  So it really depends on what ship you are on and then chef at that time. Overall food quality is way better in CK than the MDR.

AFCD0F11-C3DF-4B4F-85CB-5E6C387822A1.thumb.jpeg.c56959dfc09cc7f66bd0ea46cd82be4a.jpeg

2 minutes ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

I would have agreed up until I went on Symphony. The lobster in CK on Symphony was fantastic!  So it really depends on what ship you are on and then chef at that time. Overall food quality is way better in CK than the MDR.

OP was asking about the Allure and that is why I responded the way I did.  It was not good on the Allure.  Yours looks much better but not on the Allure.

2 minutes ago, viga said:

@Lovetocruise2002 Thank you for replying. You are absolutely right I should have been more specific. Just curious as to what is the dress code, food recommendations, I know you are an expert on this catogory:11_blush:. By the way I loved your blog of your last cruise 

Dress code: no different than the MDR or other restaurants.

My favourites: Filet Mignon, Pork Belly, Braised Beef Gnocchi, Grilled Tofu, Braised Short Rib, Wild Mushroom Consommé, Cauliflower Fried Rice.

Desserts: Crunchy Chocolate Bar, Valrhona Chocolate Bar, Coconut Tapioca, Baked Alaska, and Coconut Custard.  They also have a really good cheesecake.

1 minute ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

Dress code: no different than the MDR or other restaurants.

My favourites: Filet Mignon, Pork Belly, Braised Beef Gnocchi, Grilled Tofu, Braised Short Rib, Wild Mushroom Consommé, Cauliflower Fried Rice.

Desserts: Crunchy Chocolate Bar, Valrhona Chocolate Bar, Coconut Tapioca, Baked Alaska, and Coconut Custard.  They also have a really good cheesecake.

Thank you so much for your suggestions I really appreciate it. Everything sounds delicious, I'm hungry now:15_yum:

12 minutes ago, Hoski said:

OP was asking about the Allure and that is why I responded the way I did.  It was not good on the Allure.  Yours looks much better but not on the Allure.

Sorry missed that part about the ship. Even then, talking to wait staff and CK managers through the last year, I have come to the conclusion that it really depends on the chef. An example is Anthem. First time on Anthem, I did not like their lobster either. This past summer, it was really good and presented totally different. 

5 hours ago, Hoski said:

Don't go on lobster night, go to main dining room that night.  We made this mistake on the Allure in May.  The lobster was not good there.

What wasn't good about the lobster? Taste, presentation, size? We're going in 3 weeks and planned to have lobster in CK. 

20 minutes ago, Hoski said:

It was poached and had a nasty sauce on it.

I have never been to the CK on Allure so I cannot say for sure but I think that the sauce is a butter sauce.  At least the lobsters that I have had in CK had it. It threw me off the first time because it had a thicker consistency than butter. I did not mind it, Hubby did not like it.  Taste is totally subjective. 

18 minutes ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

I have never been to the CK on Allure so I cannot say for sure but I think that the sauce is a butter sauce.  At least the lobsters that I have had in CK had it. It threw me off the first time because it had a thicker consistency than butter. I did not mind it, Hubby did not like it.  Taste is totally subjective. 

This is very helpful. I will probably ask for drawn butter given the this info.

6 hours ago, 12thman said:

How is lobster served in MDR? Thought it was served the same since they need to make such large quantities?

Like this:

005FEC71-433F-49EF-99DC-7BBDB64342ED.jpeg.30f3082b6aeb18b9eb6dc4ac5c6e2258.jpeg

Taken from Royal Caribbean Dining FB page. Not my photo.  

Here’s the thing though, if you don’t prefer it cooked a certain way in CK, just let them know and they can likely do it differently. That is the great thing about CK, they operate on a much smaller scale compared to the MDR so changing things up is not as big of a deal for them. 

Royal Caribbean

ABOUT YOUR UPCOMING TRAVELS

Dear Pinnacle Club Member,

We are excited to welcome you onboard Allure of the Seas for our Eastern Caribbean sailing.

This cruise is quite popular among our Crown and Anchor Society Pinnacle Club Members and as a result, we are adjusting our regular operation to better accommodate you.

For this sailing, we have reserved 150 Central Park for all Pinnacle Club Members to enjoy breakfast and lunch. On Sea Days, breakfast will be served from 8:00 am – 10:00 am, and on Port Days it will be served from 7:30 am – 9:30 am. On both Sea & Port Days, lunch will be served from 12:00 Noon – 1:30 pm.

Due to Coastal Kitchen’s limited seating and high demand, we’ve made arrangements to allow more guests the opportunity to enjoy this venue. During this sailing, all Pinnacle Club Members will have the ability to reserve dinner in Coastal Kitchen up to two (2) times; based on availability. Reservations can only be made once onboard, so we highly recommend securing your reservations on Day 1 of the sailing, at Coast Kitchen on Deck 17, AFT.

We greatly appreciate your understanding, and we can’t wait to welcome you onboard. As always, thank you so much for your loyalty.

Sincerely,

Your Crown & Anchor Society Team

Royal Caribbean

Royal Caribbean

©2018 Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd. Ships' registry: The Bahamas.
Royal Caribbean International
1050 Caribbean Way
Miami, FL 33132 USA

4 hours ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

Haha. That’s a GOOD one !

One could argue that when you look at the C&A Pinnacle members benefits chart, nowhere is it listed that access to Coastal Kitchen is permitted, however you can see it's listed for JS and above for all dinner access. Who is above the other when it comes to access to CK? We know how it plays out though.

Screen Shot 2019-08-27 at 4.29.11 PM.png

Screen Shot 2019-08-27 at 4.29.57 PM.png

23 minutes ago, BB1 said:

I think the Pinnacles and all C&A benefits will continue to be reduced.  There are just too many people and the numbers are increasing.  I think it's just reality.

I will agree, the question is what will they do.  I would expect a new tier above Pinnacle, with the restructuring of points for each level to be adjusted due to the numbers. I'm sure it has, is being discussed at corporation all the time.  They know just as soon as a new structure is released a lot of Pinnacles and below will want to be grandfathered in, but that won't help the numbers at the top. 

Only time will tell.