Grand Suite Amenities - Enchantment of the Sea

My awesome wife and I just booked a 4 day on the Enchantment of the Sea in February 2020, out of Galveston, TX, for our 20th Anniversary! Being a special occasion, I pushed my, normally frugal penny pinching wife, to splurge for a suite and upgraded amenities to spoil us for the four days. So we booked a Grand Suite for the cruise. We are so excited!!! This will be our second cruise. First time with Royal Caribbean.  First time was with Carnival and it was fun, but a bit wild with drunken brawls on the lido deck.

The motivation for booking the Grand Suite was not just the nicer room and balcony, but for the added amenities.  The Key program, concierge, preferred seating at shows, etc.  I'm trying to research how to best take advantage of these upgrades to assure we have the time of our lives for these four days.

Any input anyone can give to these RC newbies would be greatly appreciated!  What can we expect and what can we take advantage of while on board? I know there are some seasoned pros out there that have the true inside tips?  (we also plan on booking another cruise while on board, maybe summer 2020, for us and the two teenagers - we hear that is the best time to get deals)

Thank you in advance for any responses!

royalcaribbean-enchantmentoftheseas-interiorslide1.jpg

Sorry we have never been out of Galveston but at many Florida ports they have a special line for suite guests so make sure you find that.  It is TOTALLY worth it!  Once you are through the check in, there will hopefully be a special lounge to wait in to board the ship.  Make sure you find that too if they have one!  Take advantage of the special lounge on board the boat and use the concierge in that lounge for as much as you can to avoid the masses at guest service desk.  There might also be an area on the pool deck for reserved seats for suite guests along with the shows as you mentioned.  Possibly even in the windjammer too so double check there also.  One thing to be prepared for is that the daily gratuities will be more than what you pay in a "regular" room so be aware of that.  And of course enjoy the awesome balcony in the suite!!!  You won't regret coming to Royal from the party ship!  Class with still some partying!  You'll love it!  Enjoy!     

We stayed in a Grand Suite on Enchantment last Thanksgiving.  The concierge will help you with any issues instead of Guest Services.  You'll also get water and fruit delivered to your room.  You get to order free room service, and you can order room service from the MDR during dining hours.  We did not use the concierge lounge at all on our 4 nighter.  You also can dine at Chops for breakfast, which is nice.  On debarkation, you can dine in Chops for breakfast, and then the concierge will walk you off the ship, somewhat expedited.  You can also get priority lines for getting off the ship in ports, although it was never really an issue on Enchantment for us.  One word of warning, we had a fair amount of noise in our GS from the pool deck above.  You can follow the link in my signature for our live blog from the Oasis/Enchantment S2S we did last year.  

32 minutes ago, betatke1480 said:

One word of warning, we had a fair amount of noise in our GS from the pool deck above.    

Thank you. I had seen something about that. Not overly concerned. I figure since we are sailing off peak, it shouldn't be super rowdy. Thank you for your input!

Since you mentioned the Key, make sure to double check the Key amenities vs the suite amenities.  I'm not certain about Enchantment's class of ships but on the bigger ones, there is enough overlap between the amenities that it generally doesn't make sense for suite guests to purchase the Key.  The Key is mainly targeted at guests in cheaper rooms that want some of the benefits of being in a suite.  It might save you some money to cancel the Key unless there's something specific you want from it.  Have fun!

• 6 months later...
  • 6 months later...
On 3/8/2020 at 9:07 PM, WAAAYTOOO said:

The Key is a separate program that bestows some of the suites amenities on people who purchase it.  If you are in a Grand Suite you really do not need The Key.

WAAAYTOOO, is there designated suite guest poolside seating on enchantment?  I am pretty sure the answer is no. 

3 hours ago, FloatMe said:

WAAAYTOOO, is there designated suite guest poolside seating on enchantment?  I am pretty sure the answer is no. 

I have no clue either, but if I had guess, I would say that even if there was designated seating for suite guests on the pool deck, it would not be poolside.  Most designated suite seating on the pool decks are further back (or up a level) from the actual pools.

• 7 months later...

Just reading through this conversation of topic.

We're on Enchantment in November also in the Grand Suite, mainly because of the 'double points' the Royal is offering and we've miss so many. we'll be half way to Panicle (but will never make it) I saw that we can get breakfast in Chops, special lines and areas, any other perks.

Thanks,

Barb