Price reduction or onboard credit?

Matt

I would say price reduction for me. I like the look of a lower price initally. Once the trip is paid for, I then plan for the extras along the way. I know its 6 of one, half dozen of another but for me the low price would be more attractive.

Plus, there isn't really anything I purchase once on board. The only extra is the drink package, which i purchase ahead of time.(not sure if the onboard credit could be used toward that or not)

Plus, there isn't really anything I purchase once on board. The only extra is the drink package, which i purchase ahead of time.(not sure if the onboard credit could be used toward that or not)

Specialty restaurants? Spa? Plus gratuities get put on your account so there's that too.

Not disagreeing with you just mentioning it.

I guess I look at those as "extra's" that I may or may not use(besides the gratuities, which I am not happy with them being forced) so if the initial trip of the cost is lower, its a defn savings for me. if I get a credit, I may or may not have a use for some or all of it. I may simply feel the need then to do "extra" stuff just to use the credit, which may actually end up causing me to spend more $$ in the long run.

But I am not an experienced cruiser, so perhaps over time I may change my mind on it.

I think maybe on the longer cruises I would enjoy a credit, as the likelyhood of doing more pay activites would increase I suppose.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...