Miami in Rain?

52 minutes ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

Grab something to eat while it rains and wait it out.  Most rain in Florida doesn't last very long. 

Have a great trip!  I am jealous.  While you are cruising this week, I'll be setting up my classroom for next week ?

Thanks.  Good to know.  Hopefully it's not a washout .

Thanks for the wishes.  My kids are looking forward to one last fun week before returning (and sad camp is over).  All the best for your school prep and the start of a new year.  Can't believe the summer went so quick.

Just now, WannaCruise said:

Thanks.  Good to know.  Hopefully it's not a washout .

Last July and this past July there was an 80-90% chance of rain the day we arrived.  Both times, it rained for an hour and stopped.  Last year, we waited it out over drinks at the hotel.  This year, we were still unpacking and sanitizing and then it stopped.  Can't wait to hear your thoughts on Navigator!

16 minutes ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

Last July and this past July there was an 80-90% chance of rain the day we arrived.  Both times, it rained for an hour and stopped.  Last year, we waited it out over drinks at the hotel.  This year, we were still unpacking and sanitizing and then it stopped.  Can't wait to hear your thoughts on Navigator!

That makes me feel much better.  I shouldn't even bother checking the forecast.  

Thanks so much...will report back.  Really looking forward to it.

We sailed out of Galveston on Liberty about 15 mins ago.  While we are on a Western Caribbean ititn, our Captain (James McDonald) did mention the weather disturbance out east and said that it will likely become a hurricane at some point.  It is unlikely to affect us, however.  Those with eastern Caribbean itins will likely be affected.

48 minutes ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

We sailed out of Galveston on Liberty about 15 mins ago.  While we are on a Western Caribbean ititn, our Captain (James McDonald) did mention the weather disturbance out east and said that it will likely become a hurricane at some point.  It is unlikely to affect us, however.  Those with eastern Caribbean itins will likely be affected.

Have an amazing cruise!  I know some of the eastern cruises have had a change of itinerary to keep them safe.  So hopefully no impact to Western or Bahamas...and hope it doesn't become a hurricane.

We arrived safe in Miami no problem.  Then as getting in taxi a total downpour.  Rest of the day was manageable with just being overcast and touch if spitting.  Our kids even got some swimming in at the hotel.

Enjoy your cruise!

2 hours ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

as of now National Hurricane Center has it as a Hurricane on Wednesday.. Then on Thursday back down to a Tropical Storm as it passes over the Dominican. Then downgraded again as it goes over the Dominican to a depression.. I am on Navigator next weekend and I know we will leave Friday no problem but I am curious to see where they will take us not sure what the options are for a 3 nighter..