People With Unpopular Opinons?

On 8/23/2019 at 7:15 PM, JohnK6404 said:

I tell them imagine that your all-inclusive resort travels with you from exotic port to port.

... and the liquor choices are better. Enjoy your included ONE or TWO beers and lackluster liquor selection. There is a reason an all-inclusive is "so much cheaper" and "includes alcohol" because it's no different than your buddies basement! :) 

I have to say I take loads of vacations all over.  from driving the wine country in France, to traipsing around London, the beaches of Brittany and Gulf coast florida and visiting the Keys.  I used to live in Nassau and i hated when cruise ships came to town- too many people.  So just avoided town those days.

But then I tried cruising and i loved it- esp when cruising with my kids.  Sure it is different from land based vacations, but i find different good sometimes.  And the value is decent with all that is included.

On 8/23/2019 at 3:02 PM, TJ! said:

I just told some close friends and relatives of mine about my excitement of going on my first cruise ever in Jan, 2020 on Symphony of the Seas.

Their response was rather unexpected to what I was use to hearing or hoped for, to be honest disappointed in their lack of perspective/paranoia 

Key points from their response was:

"Good luck getting sick from either the people, food, or motion of the seas"

"Lots of ship stranded in the middle of the ocean recently"

"be careful I heard people go missing without a trace"

"risk of being a victim of a crime or being sick is extremely high nowadays"

"stuck in a storm with 75mph+ winds, ordered to stay in cabin"

Of course my rebuttal was saying these are less that slim odds if you apply common sense and keep hygienic standards.

If you let paranoia rule your thoughts of any vacation regardless of land or sea, you'll never really enjoy life.

Then I reminded them of the higher odds of driving a car everyday.

Any thoughts or opinions on people who see things like this and how not to let them bog down you're impending vacations?

Wow! Talk about a bunch of Debbie Downers!

On ‎8‎/‎23‎/‎2019 at 3:02 PM, TJ! said:

I just told some close friends and relatives of mine about my excitement of going on my first cruise ever in Jan, 2020 on Symphony of the Seas.

Their response was rather unexpected to what I was use to hearing or hoped for, to be honest disappointed in their lack of perspective/paranoia 

Of course my rebuttal was saying these are less that slim odds if you apply common sense and keep hygienic standards.

If you let paranoia rule your thoughts of any vacation regardless of land or sea, you'll never really enjoy life.

Any thoughts or opinions on people who see things like this and how not to let them bog down you're impending vacations?

You are hanging around the wrong people.

On 8/23/2019 at 3:02 PM, TJ! said:

My guess is these people have never cruised. At least never cruised on RCCL!

3 hours ago, Jolly Ogre said:

Actually you can, and it is required in long distance horse races that you make them drink a certain amount before you are allowed to proceed in the race.  

Yeah,  you still can't make them.  Horses never read the rules (spoken by someone who has been delayed a LONG time because stubborn mare refused to drink, even though I led her to water.)

1 hour ago, SpeedNoodles said:

Yeah,  you still can't make them.  Horses never read the rules (spoken by someone who has been delayed a LONG time because stubborn mare refused to drink, even though I led her to water.)

Ahh...she was not properly trained. All of my horses, Arab, Quarter Horses and my Paint would. 

I had a guy tell me one time it took him 30 min to get his horse out a 1/4 acre paddock, when I would call mine in from a 75 acre pasture with a whistle.  It's all about training.

43 minutes ago, Jolly Ogre said:

Ahh...she was not properly trained. All of my horses, Arab, Quarter Horses and my Paint would. 

I had a guy tell me one time it took him 30 min to get his horse out a 1/4 acre paddock, when I would call mine in from a 75 acre pasture with a whistle.  It's all about training.

Ok. She's trained well on everything else. Wasn't aware that you could train a horse, or any other animal, to eat or drink if they are not hungry/thirsty/food motivated.  And I've trained everything from horses/dogs/otters/leopards/non-human primates/tapirs/birds of all kinds.  Learn something new every day.